Sign in to follow this  
mrfliboy

GP Patch Antennae

Thanks for the great directions and tutorial on the GP Patch. I'm only running a 2mW 2.4 setup and went from 450' to over 800' Thanks

Thanks for the positive feedback. Indeed, the GP Patch is one of the simplest (and low cost) ways to double your range.

I've went and ordered up a 900mhz spy camera setup(cheapo) and its stating 902-928mhz. I'm presuming its a single channel and because of the tuning knob, my frequency will vary. Any suggestion on the scaling factor for this one?

Thanks in adavance.

It's anyone's guess; Maybe aim for something around 910MHz.

A/V Rx's with a tuning knob are usually marginal performing China models. So keep in mind that if you have poor results then it might not be due to the GP Patch.

Thanks for the info. I received the unit today. I've got it dialed in fairly well. I'm only hoping for inddor range around 200' feet or so for indoor FPV. A golf dome would be the largest and 6 BB courts most of the time. Thanks again

More questions for ya. I noticed in your Hong Kong 1.2 TX/RX hack you mentioned the tx ant. not being the proper length. Would you have a proper length for a 910mhz Tx? Thanks in adavance

If you mean you want to solder a simple monopole antenna onto a cheap Hong Kong Tx, then a 1/4 wave element would be 3.08" long. I suggest making it 2X longer and then carefully trim it down for best range.

However, if you have a quality made Tx that has an SMA on it, then I suggest you use a commercially made 2-3dBi dipole. These are usually about $10-15 and are sold at all the popular FPV shops.

Once again Thanks for the response. The stock wire antennae is 3-3/8" long. I was just wanting too make sure it was not totally out of wack. Thanks again