Sign in to follow this  
headhunter23

scavenging cell camera's

Hello, had a thought the other night as I'm making a multiplex fox. What would be great is a small camera, sure you can buy these but I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to scavenge from cell phones. I'm assuming the electronic parts of the camera are embedded on the board, but if the actual camera is pretty much a standard, is there such a board where u can take any cell cam and make a super light weight(still crappy compared to larger cameras) camera system for ultra light birds?

Have done some searches, hadn't come across anything yet(I know someone has thought of this), still going through pages that are unrelated in searches... <_<

Ivan.

Cellphone cameras output digital data. Converting that into analog for our transmitters would require a fairly complicated processor board that would render the whole thing pretty close to the size of common cameras or bigger, and at a whopping price knowing all the development needed. Plus, those cams don't have a standardized connector / configuration / communication, so you'd have to lock to one specific model. Problem, those mass-marketed components have short life cycles, so all the work would be lost after 1 year, the camera not being available anymore...

The "CCD killer" is a choice for the Fox, or even common light and good CCD cameras like here:

Needless to say I love that plane for FPV!

Edited by Kilrah

Didn't realize that's how they worked, thanks for the conformation on the one camera. Some interesting builds out there. :) N very cool videos.

btw wings don't like the cold, snapped mine off this morning -5, good thing i got 2 more! 14.99? Is awesome!

Btw nice cajones!! 2 o those runs must o been cm's away from ur face if not mm's!! :o

Edited by headhunter23