I am new to the forum, and not an RC'r, but seek advice. I am putting together a webcast of a boat race and need to find reliable tx/rx gear to reach 1.5 - 2 miles. The boats will be running on a 2 mile oval course, and the receivers will be at a base station mid-way through one straightaway. There will be two cameras on relatively stationary platforms (anchored pleasure craft) in line of sight at the opposing turns in the oval. I know that this gear would likely require FCC license, and that is not a problem. I am a producer, not a technician, so hoping someone can recommend a set-up that they have personal experience with. Thanks!

check out any o the fpv guys, nghobbies, rangevideo... ummm couple others, look at .5-1 watt system(900mhz, 2.4ghz, not sure about the new 5.8ghz), 1 omni receiver and 1 directional... although i think 2 omni could be better for you(omni are the antenna's straight up, directional are the other style antennas, odd looking). And a diversity box that switches between the 2 best signals. Keep antenna's high as possible and as far from electronics and metal/carbon fiber as possible.

check out any o the fpv guys, nghobbies, rangevideo... ummm couple others, look at .5-1 watt system(900mhz, 2.4ghz, not sure about the new 5.8ghz), 1 omni receiver and 1 directional... although i think 2 omni could be better for you(omni are the antenna's straight up, directional are the other style antennas, odd looking). And a diversity box that switches between the 2 best signals. Keep antenna's high as possible and as far from electronics and metal/carbon fiber as possible.

Hey, thanks very much for the response! I emailed nghobbies and they got back to me right away. The guy asked a bunch of pertinent questions and is coming up with a proposed solution.