Sign in to follow this  
headhunter23

Reducing wires/weight of ultralight

Hey, doing up fpv wing. TX is on the far left, receiver is going to be on the far right of the wing. Quick question. All the pos and neg for each connection (ie servo, throttle etc) all runs off a primary on the receiver itself right? ie all I really need to do is string one pos and neg cable and then splinter it in the core of the plane with a single signal wire for each device? I figure I can shave a quite a few grams by reducing the amount of wires that need to be run 18in from 18 to 8(1 pos, 1 neg and 6 devices).Am I correct in this?

Ivan.

Hey, doing up fpv wing. TX is on the far left, receiver is going to be on the far right of the wing. Quick question. All the pos and neg for each connection (ie servo, throttle etc) all runs off a primary on the receiver itself right? ie all I really need to do is string one pos and neg cable and then splinter it in the core of the plane with a single signal wire for each device? I figure I can shave a quite a few grams by reducing the amount of wires that need to be run 18in from 18 to 8(1 pos, 1 neg and 6 devices).Am I correct in this?

Ivan.

As long as they run the same voltage you could save some wires but keep in mind that wire section is directly affected by the mAh that can handle so better do some numbers before and install the proper awg wire for them.