Multiplex Twinstar II Build Blog

have you considered installing the CPD4 Copilot instead of those gyros?

I have a FMA Co-Pilot and could install it on this model. But with the gyros the model seems very stable, so the CP might not be necessary. If it is needed, I will probably just use the thermopile sensor option found on some OSD's. For example EagleTree has indicated they will have this in future OSDPRO firmware.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

It's a fun model. The biggest surprise was how much I like using the gyros (didn't expect such a stable model to really see any significant improvement). But they are very cool and the model flies silky smooth with the gyros remotely enabled.

BTW, I had a new-in-box EZ Star ARF in the closet for a couple years. I recently decided to fly it, so I bashed it a bit. I installed ailerons and tore out the stock brushed motor and converted to brushless. I'm using a 3-cell A123 2200mAH pack (nice fit, CG balances nicely). I've test flown it a couple times and have decided the Twinstar is more to my tastes. The bigger size, docile handling, and cool sounding twin motors is just the ticket for me. :)

Its a funny thing, I seemed to be one of only a few that liked the TS2 in place of the very common Easystar or Slow Stick but it is getting more popular for sure. I notice very few Slow Sticks these days though, funny how things change, I wonder whats next ?

Terry

I wonder whats next ?

I would like to see Multiplex produce a 60" Shadow 200 (or similar pusher twin tail) foamy ARF kit that was designed for model video installations.

• 2 years later...

Shame on me for not posting a final beauty shot. Better late than never ...

post-2-126264989703_thumb.jpg

Hey mr rc cam... i know this is an old thread , but still relevant today :) lot of good information!

Im putting together a twinstar , but im not sure about which motors to go with.

It will be a fpv plane , just like yours ... with at least 3000mah 3s lipo.

Can you recommend the motors you use? (2209 1130kv) or would you use some others instead today?

The TS2 will fly great with many different motors from quite small to geared swinging 12" props. I have different motor/prop combo's on wings that will interchange between fuzes.

The only thing I will say is to choose a higher pitch than normal as its easy to run out of speed with a heavier than normal plane. The good cooling of the motors on this model helps us to get away with it.

Terry