giorgio

Something similar to the PDC10

Does anybody know where I can get something like a PDC10 with altitude hold?

Using the gps as the altitude hold would be great. I remember seeing a autopilot on Ebay that had these features called the AP4. Does anybody know where I can buy one of these?

Simone & Giorgio

Thanks for the suggestion ,but we already tried several times no answer.

I thought that Mikep built somthing similar...

I'm waiting maybe somebody else can help us.

Giorgio & Simone

Our video setup at

www.noskylimit.50megs.com

Hi Giorgio.

Right now I only have the GPS Guidance. I will probably not finish the altitude hold for several months.

I did just create a real time altitude sensor with built in TNC though. It is being used by glider pilots for competitions. I will use that for a while to get some data back and then complete the altitude hold.

Cheers,

Mike

Giorgio, we down here in palmetto are testing out our autopilot as I type. It uses GPS for altitude and has many other nice features. We need to finish testing and get the circuit boards shrunk down some more before release.

Need altitude hold higher then PDC20 is capable of handling? :D

Matt Klarich

AUAV

Giorgio - I've been in touch with the AP4 guy and he is indeed tough to stay in touch with. I don't think he is in production. An occassional eBay auction might be the best way to get one. And then, how well does it work? Any reports from anybody?

Hi Giorgio.

Right now I only have the GPS Guidance. I will probably not finish the altitude hold for several months.

Hello Mike , I can live with the gps only for now, may be you can update with altitude hold later .Where can I buy it?

Giorgio

Well not much really to tell.

The idea behind it is that it is used by a towe plane to know when to release a glider at a specific altitude for a fair competition. I've only built 1 prototype so far. I will be testing it out this summer.

I haven't decided if I will make it a public project or not yet. I must admit my enthusiasm for public projects has dwindled tremendously since the RCAP project.

I was always hoping someone would help out with it. A lot of people wrote me e-mails etc. saying they would but they never did anything.

I did get some very decent help with the ground station software though.

Also I'm pretty sure the autopilot that is being sold on E-Bay was based on RCAP.

I am assuming that simply by the images, but once I can get my hands on one or if someone else does I will be able to see if my suspicion is true.

I don't mind if someone does use the code, especially if they improve it and add stuff to it. But at least I would have liked them to contribute their work back to the project.

Anyways, back to the altitude indicator, if it works out well over the summer I will probably make a kit available.

Cheers,

Mike