Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMohrSr

I need an X-3D Gyro Module

I have obtained an X-UFO, which is an R/C quadrocopter aircraft with gyroscopic control. The gyroscope in this aircraft is mechanical and not very dependable. The X-UFO was quite popular a few years ago, but is only obtainable now as a questionable version made in China. When it was being made and distributed in the United States there was available an electronic upgrade to the mechanical gyroscope called the X-3D Gyroscopic Module, which is far superior to the mechanical one. Of course, these also are not being made any longer. However, I feel there must be a few out there somewhere and I am hoping that someone who reads this will know where I can find one. Please look in some dust covered cabinets in some dust covered corner somewhere. I'll be forever grateful. Well, I will not live that long, but I'll be grateful for a long, long time.

I don't know why the X-UFO fell out of favor because it is quite an interesting aircraft, to which anyone who had one can attest. Much simpler in construction to a helicopter and easier to fly, yet with the same characteristics. And with its flashing blue and red lights in the twilight sky looks every bit like a flying saucer. I sincerely thank anyone who can find that gyroscopic module for me.

I don't know why the X-UFO fell out of favor because it is quite an interesting aircraft, to which anyone who had one can attest.

Because the X-UFO really isn't very capable, even modded with the X-3D. Not enough power, can't lift even the slightest thing, limited to slow maneuvers etc. And both start to sum up to something that hurts the wallet for not much. So everybody moved to brushless quads like X3D-BL, Mikrokopter, UAVP,... that are incredibly better.