Sign in to follow this  
Airbender

Most Powerful RC video TX system

Friends,

I am currently using a 1 watt 900 MHz range video system. The Tx has a 5 dB Omni and the RX is using either a 5 db omni or a 12 db panel. I am still getting some spotty reception and will probably go to a diplexed/duplexed rx system soon.

Question: I have a request to broadcast a live video feed from the helicopter while hovering stationary outside, to the inside of a convention hall for a demonstration. No idea of the materials used to in the structure of the building, but it would be a safe guess that brick, concrete, wood, metal and glass are all utilized.

I am aware that the current offerings on the market are basically line-of-sight and that we are limited in both power and frequency selection here in the USA by the almighty FCC.

I am familiar with 2.4 (out of the question - my heli's tx/rx is 2.4), and the 5.8 Yellow Jacket offerings. Can anybody provide a solution? Yagi's maybe?

TIA to all

The setup you have sounds ok, with the 12dBi panel pointed at the aircraft you should have no problems. You dont say how far you need to transmit and I am assuming the RX aerial can be mounted outside the building?

1W is very high power and would only be needed at long range, in fact it can increase the amount of drops you get if flying in a built up area. 0.1W with your 12dBi panel should allow you to fly up to a mile or so.

Terry

Question: I have a request to broadcast a live video feed from the helicopter while hovering stationary outside, to the inside of a convention hall for a demonstration

Can anybody provide a solution?

Install the receiver outside and run a long video cable into the hall.