themagician

servo Smoothing

Hi guys; I am looking for a servo motion smoothing solution that really works - have tried some modules for retracts and flaps, without mich success. Have any of you guys (or gals) found a way to control camera mount pan/tilt/rotation with smooth motion using RC servos/TX/RX. I've looked at some Arduino/Pololu projects for robotics, but this looks like a complex path that I am not willing to go down - if I don't have to.

Any help, links, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...Rob.

Edited by themagician

Are you looking for a solution that maintains the stick position = camera position, but slower (which the above link module would do), or one where stick centered = no motion and motion speed is proportinoal to stick deflection (much better overall but might not fit your application)?

Are you looking for a solution that maintains the stick position = camera position, but slower (which the above link module would do), or one where stick centered = no motion and motion speed is proportinoal to stick deflection (much better overall but might not fit your application)?

Precisely as you describe in the later - that would be the preference. This would, in my belief, allow the potential for smoother operation which is the objective for now. I recognise that RC equipment has it's limits, but we have gone to some lengths to manufacture a camera housing which is gear driven and bearing mounted so there is no freeplay in that part of the construction - I just need to get the servo(s) to move smoothly and we are there.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Cheers...Rob.

Edited by themagician

camera housing which is gear driven

Are your servos modified for continuous rotation (potentiometer disconnected) or not?

Are your servos modified for continuous rotation (potentiometer disconnected) or not?

One of them - servo at the head for 360 pan - tilt servo not, although it's easily changed over for a CR servo. Roll servo also not, although it will probably stay as is, it does not need to be moved manually...?

OK. I asked that because if your servo is CR, you shouldn't need to add anything to get the behavior you want. So from what I understand you'd need modules for tilt and roll, right?

This should do what you want.

OK. I asked that because if your servo is CR, you shouldn't need to add anything to get the behavior you want. So from what I understand you'd need modules for tilt and roll, right?

This should do what you want.

Cheers..thanks for taking the time to respond, and for the info. I'll give it a try. Regards...Rob.