Sign in to follow this  
raptorbasher

RC-Car scale Winch control

Hi All,

I kindly ask if anyone can help with a project I have on the go. I have recently got into RC 4 wheel drive cars and have a winch that is basically driven by a servo motor and controller.

I also recently upgraded to a three channel 2.4 ghx transmitter system, however the 3rd channel is simply on or off, ie two positions. I had hoped it was a full channel or at least three position, like high neutral low etc. The end points are adjustable as is direction but inside some really awful menu system.

I have heard of a controller where it was activated by switching the signal on repeatedly and it would automatically pay out cable, stop and then reel in and so on. This seems like it would be ideal to implement in a pic like other projects here have done, but I do not know where to start with the programming at all.

I would like to be able to switch from the TX, say from full left to full right on the 3rd channel, and this would start the winch unwinding, switch again and it would stop, swtich once more and it would wind in, switch and it would stop, and repeat, switch again and it reels out etc.

if anyone can help in any way it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

PS I still have some 12c509s if this makes any difference.