Sign in to follow this  
Johnstorm

GPS

Hi All.

I have both a Laipac UV40 GPS module and the Felsweb Tx Rx modules for my video setup. Can anyone sugest a sutable way to interface the GPS RS232 output to the audio input of the Felsweb Tx.

Also I have the Tiny Trak 3 unit but as I wish to use the audio channel exclusively for the GPS module output this seems to be over complicated!

Any thoughts greatly appriciated.

Cheers Johnstorm.

Well I think it's just the simplest solution. Mine is still in pieces, will build it this week and do some tests. As the Tinytrak is designed to be used on a radio a few components can surely be removed, like those used for carrier detection / PTT. If it works well I might consider designing a light SMD version with only the components used for this application, as I want to use it in a small glider.

If you want to do that take a look at SOTT (Son of Tiny Track).

It's written in C and will allow you to do it pretty quickly.

Unfortunately I bought my Tiny Trak fully built.However I would be interested in the results of your "stripped down"version!

Thanks Mike.But where can I find information regard "SOTT". I just had a quick look on the Byonic (Tiny Trak)site but there's no reference there?

If you join the TinyTrack Yahoo Group it is in the file section.

Also the author monitors the discussion group if you have any questions.