fatal1ty

TX/RX Advice needed... 900/1300/2400

Hi,

I'm trying to an UAV, I have a GPS, Radio(35mhz) and a couple of xbee module(2.4GHZ).

Now, I need a A/V receiver and transmitter. I'm thinking buy the video system from Range Video.

In range video there is a lot of tx/rx. But I don't know which one is best for my UAV. I need at least 1mile video range.

What frequency and power would you recommend to avoid frequency interference?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by fatal1ty

I use a Range video 500mW Tx with their dual Rx. I chose 900MHz for good penetration and to prevent interference with other systems, be they RC or other. With a patch antenna, I get about five miles. If you are only looking for a bit over 1 mile range, then a 250mW would be fine. It is better to have more power than you need to take interference into account from the environment, trees, buildings etc. I get crystal clear transmission with no break-ups at all. I run the Tx at main pack voltage of a LiPo (11.1 volts). Reducing the voltage will decrease the range. Allow airflow over the Tx, as they do get rather warm.

Thank you very much Thorn3 for your interest.I was thinking to take 900mhz/500mw system. I'm confused the frequency of the GPS interference. Other harmonics of the Video system may be interfere of the GPS(1500mhz)? Did you used it with the GPS?

The other problem is What is the Futaba Receivers range? I have Futaba 6EXHP and 168DP receiver. Can I sent my plane over 1km? How did you send your plane over 5mile?:)

Edited by fatal1ty

this is a question i'm interested in also - will a 500 MW, 900 MHz video Tx cause problems with GPS reception?

also what frequency do the satellites broadcast on?