Sign in to follow this  

Hi!

I have been looking at the forums here for awhile. So I'm about to take my leap into the VOID! :huh:

For my flight system I'm using a Futaba 7C 2.4GHz Transmitter with a R617FS Receiver. From the info I've gathered so far, an ideal wireless A/V system should be in the 900mHz frequency range, with 500mW power or more for TX right?

My first question is regarding TX power. ie. is there a limit to how much more than 500mW and what are the potential consequences?

I have been looking for 900mHz wireless A/V TX/RX sources from around my region (ASIA) but most are 1.2GHz 1.5GHz or 2.4GHz systems (some rated up to 2000mW!) mainly from China. Given these limited options, if I had to select one of these, which one should I choose and what are the potential effects?

Appreciate any help! :D

For my flight system I'm using a Futaba 7C 2.4GHz Transmitter with a R617FS Receiver. From the info I've gathered so far, an ideal wireless A/V system should be in the 900mHz frequency range, with 500mW power or more for TX right?

Yes 900Mhz or 5.8Ghz, its worth checking the laws in your country before you buy a system.

My first question is regarding TX power. ie. is there a limit to how much more than 500mW and what are the potential consequences?

500mW is plenty of power, I normaly use 100mW or less. The more power you use the more chance there is of it interfering with your r/c signal and reducing the range or GPS if you have it. It also means you need bigger batteries to power it and much better cooling as the higher power TX's often run hot.

I have been looking for 900mHz wireless A/V TX/RX sources from around my region (ASIA) but most are 1.2GHz 1.5GHz or 2.4GHz systems (some rated up to 2000mW!) mainly from China. Given these limited options, if I had to select one of these, which one should I choose and what are the potential effects?

I would avoid the systems from China as they tend to give unpredictable results. Also some of the claims of high power are misleading as they quote 2000mW but it is the input power and not the output power.

Terry