Sign in to follow this  
MAFONI

PROBLEM IN THE NAV-LIGHTS

Dear friends,

I have a problem in the functioning of NAV-LIGHTS.

When starting the circuit, the led strobe works, navigation lights as well, but the lights landing also flash the headlights, with very little intensity. When starting the radio lights they stop blinking. Could anyone help me solve the problem?

Already many thanks,

Marcelo - Brazil

If the landing lights are blinking along with the strobe light, then you have a wiring error. Thoroughly review your work again and you will probably find the problem.

If the landing lights are blinking along with the strobe light, then you have a wiring error. Thoroughly review your work again and you will probably find the problem.

Mr.RC-Cam, already have passed on all wiring, checked all the solder points, replace Q1 and Q2, replace PIC 12C509A and nothing remains the same problem. The circuit board is the same as you and the components are identical to those specified by you.

This problem may have been generated in the recording of the PIC? I recorded 3 and all have the same problem when installed on the circuit. How can I check if the problem is the PIC?

I await your help.

Marcelo :(

post-5907-126720612807_thumb.jpg

post-5907-126720620591_thumb.jpg

Because the other functions are working, the PIC does not appear to be the problem. My honest opinion is that there is a wiring problem some place.

The project has been built by countless hobbyists, but you are probably the first to use the gerber files provided on the web page. Perhaps there may be an error in the PCB artwork. So, compare the PCB traces to the schematic. Also verify that there isn't a copper etching problem in the finished copper.

The photos you provided do not offer any clear details. If you post quality close-up photos then I can try my best to review your work. Also, post a link to a video that shows the problem. That way there will be no misunderstanding on what you are experiencing.

Lastly, check the PIC voltage. Do not run it at voltages greater than 5.5V (5.0V is recommended).

Because the other functions are working, the PIC does not appear to be the problem. My honest opinion is that there is a wiring problem some place.

The project has been built by countless hobbyists, but you are probably the first to use the gerber files provided on the web page. Perhaps there may be an error in the PCB artwork. So, compare the PCB traces to the schematic. Also verify that there isn't a copper etching problem in the finished copper.

The photos you provided do not offer any clear details. If you post quality close-up photos then I can try my best to review your work. Also, post a link to a video that shows the problem. That way there will be no misunderstanding on what you are experiencing.

Lastly, check the PIC voltage. Do not run it at voltages greater than 5.5V (5.0V is recommended).

Friend RC-Cam, unfortunately I do not have powerful machine: photos, only these digital business, I can assure you that the cards with the layout is the same as you.

There has been some revision of these layouts that were not updated on the site? It seems to me that the problem is the layout.

The tension that I'm using is 4.8 ~ 5.2 VDC, voltage is supplied by the receiver (Rx).

The length of the wires of the LEDs being used is 2 meters to the strobe, 1.5 m for the navigation lights and 0.60 m for the headlights, this influence?

Noa keep,

post-5907-126723495019_thumb.jpg

Follows another picture, maybe a little better.

Dear RC-Cam, rode the circuit NAV LIGHTS-in breadboard with all components of the plate, shown in photos and even worked wonderfully well, without any interference from the strobe lights, now what?

Marcelo.

post-5907-126723532617_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAFONI

If your breadboard version works then the problem is in the PCB version. Just compare the two, wire by wire. Things to watch out for are PCB trace shorts due to incomplete chemical etching and opens due to excess etching.

The photos are not clear enough for me to see anything useful. Borrow a good digital camera and use it to post clear photos if you need some extra eyes to help out.

Your LED wire length will not affect the PIC microcontroller. Sometimes long wires will cause RFI noise in the R/C receiver, but that is not the problem you are trying to solve at this time.

Mr.RC-Cam, problem solved, I changed the resistors and LED strobe LED headlamp for 56R instead of 68R as indicated, and everything working like a charm! Phew!

Thank you for help, for I can close the topic.

Marcelo - Brazil :D

Thanks for letting us know about your success.

I have no idea why changing the LED current limit resistor from 68 to 56 ohms would have helped. These only set the LED brightness and the two values are so close that they should not have shown any significant difference.

Are you sure the other resistor value was really 68 ohms? Or perhaps there was a solder or copper short on a connection that was cured during the swap. Or evil spirits.

Thanks for letting us know about your success.

I have no idea why changing the LED current limit resistor from 68 to 56 ohms would have helped. These only set the LED brightness and the two values are so close that they should not have shown any significant difference.

Are you sure the other resistor value was really 68 ohms? Or perhaps there was a solder or copper short on a connection that was cured during the swap. Or evil spirits.

The evil spirits might be contributing, but I was taking part and putting the component in ProBoard to see if any had the problem, arriving in the resistors and LED headlamps of the strobe, the problem arose, the good spirits after defeating the bad guys led me to change the resistors for other values, first put higher values, and nothing, then lower values, and that beauty, ran chubby!

Here is a tip for those who have the same problem.

Hugs Brazilian

Marcelo :D