TeamTEOR

Would like make a circuit for random action servos

I need to make two servos work to make an item move up & down plus left and right randomly when it hears music. I want to tie it to an On/Off switch on my transmitter so I can have it in operation only when I turn it on. Is there a pair of simple circuits to make this happen? At the same point do you think that there is a way to set end point adjustments for this action as well?

I am guessing it would need:

1. A circuit to listen for the audio.

2. Another to turn on and off via 1 channel on the transmitter.

3. Then a final circuit to be able to run the servos in limited throw back and forth.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Edited by TeamTEOR

Im guessing you dont't want to use a microcontroller like a PIC ?

Terry

Terry, I would be interested in trying a PIC chip. Actually, I have a burner here that I have not used yet.

2496073180101782845S425x425Q85.jpg

Mr.Cam, the Terry board would work, but I would have no way to limit the servo movement (EPA) and also the two servo would be starting centered, and need to be able to move both ways. Perhaps a work around for that would be to use a set of continuous spinning servo light duty servo savers.

My only other thought would be to have the servos movements completely independent of each other, like slightly different algorithms. Not sure if I am asking to much here though.

The Terry board is just one of a many animatronic projects that hobbyist have published. Keep searching until you find something appropriate.

There are other ways to get the job done. For example, how about hacking this $17 China toy:

http://www.dealextre...u.14918~id.1912

More details:

http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.14918

{too bad it is sold out, but you get the idea}

You will need to do some learning in how to create programs for the pic before you are ready to go for your main project. What exactly is it your trying to build?

The random bit is interesting, would a preset sequence be ok if it looked random? would be easier.

Terry

Actually, what I am trying to create is to create random motion of a holo projector on a Astromech Droid (ie. R2-D2), and for it to be activated to the sounds when it is played. Figured if it was done this way it would be one less thing to have to control manually.

Sorry for the long delays in answering, I need to make sure the forum is sending me immediate emails when I get replies (which I just did).

Tom

Edited by TeamTEOR