Sign in to follow this  
flyboy1001e

Top RC-Gun AWS circuit check

Hi! Guys

I built Top RC-Gun AWS circuit, the old one on perf board and could not get it to work. I decided to build it on a breadbord Could someone please check it and tell my were I'll wrong, as it does not seem to work either. Is the SCM

suppost to sound when power is applied? Thanks Mike larger picture at http://www.flickr.com/photos/35172299-AT-N06/4448356995/

I took a a quick look and the 4011 is missing power (pin 14) and ground (pin 7). It may be damaged now, so you might need to replace it if connecting the missing wiring does not help.

BTW, you built the original AWS circuit, which only works with the old style HobbyZone Sonic Combat Module. The old SCM has not been made for many years.

I took a a quick look and the 4011 is missing power (pin 14) and ground (pin 7). It may be damaged now, so you might need to replace it if connecting the missing wiring does not help.

BTW, you built the original AWS circuit, which only works with the old style HobbyZone Sonic Combat Module. The old SCM has not been made for many years.

So I assume I get the power and ground from the esc connection, not a seperate supply?

I've had them a long time :) Thanks for your help Mr.RC-Cam.

You were right ic is damaged, will order a few new ones. Thanks for all the help,and a great circuit. :) Mike

I just wanted to let you I tried a new ic, the cannon would just chirp and motor would run cut out run then just quit

when plugged in. :huh: I started reading all post about AWS and found that the newer AWS system would work with the old module,just so happened to have a couple of your kits for the new module, so I breadboarded it up and went to try it out, the cannon sounded the led flashed. Move stick down then up and back down, no cannon or solid led. :( I decided to turn on the transmitter, and guess what it worked. :lol: Thanks RC Cam for your time and patience. Mike

post-2988-126932049763_thumb.jpg

Edited by flyboy1001e

Yes, the programmed PIC is available. I will PM you with the details.

Hi although i assembled you kit the sonic module i got my hands on were the old version.

So now i a building your first design for the old module.

I tried it out today and it at some times fire a sound but with out input from my CH5.

I am supposed to trim the 50Kohm R1 with ch5 on until i hear the sound??

Do i have something wrong?

Thank you

Teo

The full details to the POT adjustment are found in the project section titled "Set Up and Adjustment."

BTW, the PIC version works with the old and new Sonic Combat Modules. So there is no need to build the old circuit if you have the old SCM's.

The full details to the POT adjustment are found in the project section titled "Set Up and Adjustment."

BTW, the PIC version works with the old and new Sonic Combat Modules. So there is no need to build the old circuit if you have the old SCM's.

Good to know thank you.

Teo

Hi,

It's been three years since i last used your project and now iam on it once more.

I would like to know if there is a way to make the throttle to completely sut off when hit?

Now if i get hit the throttle does three or four slow down hick ups and then runs as it should.

I would like to make it shut off completely for three or four seconds.

Is it possible?

Thanks

The old 2003 version did not use a PIC and it shut off the throttle when hit. The PIC version introduced in 2004 provides a throttle burp for a few seconds when hit by a weapon. But that is done in the firmware, so a hardware mod is not possible.

Its been a while six years.  I've  had them ready for the last couple years. 

I finally got a couple guys together and they flew them, what a blast and lots of laughs, we even forgot to check the hit counter!

so it was called a draw.  Hears a pic of planes and link to a video   I hope it works    Thanks again  Thomas for all you've done for us.    :)

ps:   There is only one thing a top gun wants  (more power)  ;)

Top Rc Gun Slow  Sticks.jpg

• Like 1