It sounds like nearly everyone has received their meters. Please make note of your initial impressions and overall experience with it, then share it all here. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for posting the installation photos: Please keep them coming.

I did a actual field test with it this past monday and was truly impressed on the accuracy. Easily readable and definitely let me know when signal was getting weak. Very quick response.

Hopefully make it to Rat Shack this weekend and find the time to mount it in a project box. Any suggestions for the pushbutton??

I'm thinking long rod to activate or unsolder and mount onto box????

Edited by mrfliboy

I did a actual field test with it this past monday and was truly impressed on the accuracy. Easily readable and definitely let me know when signal was getting weak. Very quick response.

Thanks for the field report.

Any suggestions for the pushbutton?? I'm thinking long rod to activate or unsolder and mount onto box????

A typical installation will not need access to the calibration switch after the meter is installed/setup. However, if you want to remotely mount the CAL switch then the board has two solder pads just for that use. These are the two empty pads at the top-left side of the switch and they are labeled J1. The existing switch is left alone and you merely solder the remote push switch to these pads.

A typical installation will not need access to the calibration switch after the meter is installed/setup. However, if you want to remotely mount the CAL switch then the board has two solder pads just for that use. These are the two empty pads at the top-left side of the switch and they are labeled J1. The existing switch is left alone and you merely solder the remote push switch to these pads.

Sweet!!!!

What sort of % does the picture get unwatchable?

That depends on the receiver's RSSI characteristics. If I follow the published instructions, my 900Mhz Rx has a very snowy image when it is close to 0%. However, we have ultimate control over the displayed % values simply by gaming the calibration setup.

For example, if you want the display to be 0% at a particular snowy image condition, then use the snowy image during the low signal calibration (instead of turning the Tx off). You can remove the Rx antenna to invite a snowy image at a short test distance, so this is not a hard thing to do indoors at the work bench. Even easier outdoors.

BTW, to see what your image looks like when it is near 0%, just test out the video system with the Rx antenna removed. As you move the Tx away from the crippled Rx you can watch the meter as the image goes bad.That will tell you what to expect with your existing calibration.

Here is my almost finished ground station with the most recent addition.

I vandalised a dashboard clock in order to get the case.

post-3361-127511272867_thumb.jpg

Radio shack project box, pushbutton switch (had laying around), 4-40 allen bolt and nylon lock nut for push button. Velcro dot on back for using with different Rx'ers. Thanks again for a great product.

post-5645-127531435481_thumb.jpg

post-5645-127531436592_thumb.jpg

Great photos, please keep them coming. Also, it would be grand if meter users described how the meter worked for them while out in the field. If you are using it to compare & evaluate antennas, then please report on your experience doing that.

Thanks to masam54 for posting a link to this thread from rcgroups. Any chance you'll be doing another run of these? This is one of those gadgets that I didn't even know existed until 5 minutes ago, but now I've just got to have one. :D

Any chance you'll be doing another run of these? This is one of those gadgets that I didn't even know existed until 5 minutes ago, but now I've just got to have one.

I wasn't planning on another RSSI forum member special deal. But a commercialized version is a couple months away; So, if there is sufficient demand for something sooner then I will build a few more. Cost will be $27 + shipping. If interested then post a "I want one" in THIS discussion, then PM me with your shipping choice (see post #24) to confirm total due (no emails please).

The names below are interested in the RSSI Meter:

Darth_Elevator, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 4).

Plesk, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 5).

badlands, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 5).

PufferGhoti, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 14).

chimaera, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 14).

DCSensui, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 15).

garris2, 1 (SHIPPED JUNE 16).

Airbender, 1 (SHIPPED JULY 3).

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam
Updated List

Good news: If you are on the new list (post #63) then I have a meter for you. Price is $27 USD + shipping. Please review the shipping options discussed in post #24 then use Forum PM and contact me with your shipping choice.

There is one remaining meter and it needs a home. So tell a friend!

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam
Updated qty avail

I have one remaining RSSI meter. Once it is taken the special deal will officially end.

All sold! A hearty Thank You to all rc-cam members that joined in on this special deal.