Devonian

5.8GHz Airwave modules - circuit boards

I'm about ready to purchase some Airwave 5.8GHz Tx and Rx modules and need some help with the circuit boards to mount them.

I have no means to produce my own boards, other than Vero/stripboard, that's OK for testing but I would rather fit them only the once on a proven board.

Is there anywhere or anybody that can supply me the boards ready to accept suitable components?

I'm quite happy soldering SMD components.

Nigel.

Its probably going to be best to make your own boards for the parts you have as anyone elses boards will need the exact right size of parts or it will be a pig to make.

Terry

I have had problems getting some SMT componants to fit pcb's. Lots are only availible in very high numbers and some are not availible at all in the UK. It can make projects very expensive at the ver least.

Terry

Thanks Kilrah, I know of them (and very professional looking too) but I want 1 x Tx and 2 x Rx which will make it aproaching 200USD to my door.

They are also out of stock.

I want to experiment with circular polarisation on both the Tx & Rx and don't want to invest so much money in it at this moment.

UK shop for the modules:

http://www.active-robots.com/products/radio-solutions/5.8ghz-av-modules.shtml

I guess it might have to be be Vero board for now...

Nigel.

Edited by Devonian