hogboy01

Lost Model Alarm

Hi Mr Rc-Cam,

Have built one of your LoMA's and works great. Thank's for sharing with like minded hobbyists. I do have one problem though. Works great with my JR and Hitec receivers, but have some cheap receivers in my slope soarers. In particular RCmart R2-4 FM receiver and a Hobby King Carona 6ch dual conversion all on 36Mhz. These receivers appear to have a slight delay on power up of locking to frequency, and as such the LoMA interprets this as a glitch. I was wondering if you could have a look at the code and put a delay loop in for the glitch counter on power up of at least 3 or 4 seconds. This would overcome my issue. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Also noticed that the introduction of the LoMA to a receiver port would cause my servos to jitter badly when the Tx was turned off and the LoMA is activated by lost signal. I changed the cap between pin 1 & 8 to 1uF and now jitters are gone. Is this o.k., what's your thoughts? Links to receivers below.

Thanks & regards,

John

My link

:)

• Like 1

The current delay is about two seconds. I do not want to guess on what delay you will need, so please use a stop watch and determine the exact boot time before your receivers are running.

I will do my best make the code changes (finding the free time is problematic), but you will have to test it out. Unless you are using the PIC12F's, that means that you will need several PIC12C chips on hand in case it takes a few attempts to get something that works with your receivers. So, which PIC type are you using and how many spares do you have? Are you willing to do the testing, even if that means wasting some chips?

I'll be more than happy to assist with the testing. I have some 12C508A chips but can go and get some 12F's if required, whatever you'd like to assemble the code in will be fine. The worst Rx is the RCmart one which has a boot time of just under 3 & 3/4 seconds the other takes 2 & 3/4 seconds. A 4 second delay loop should be good.

Thanks

John

Edited by hogboy01

Here is the customized firmware. It has a smart delay that will wait up to ~5 seconds for your DSP receivers to initialize. Please test it on ALL of your receivers, including the ones that were trouble free with the old code. Report back what you find.

lma_v14.zip

Thanks for such a quick response to the issue. Made one up and tested on all my recievers now all o.k. Tested on Hitec dual and single conversion PPM, JR single and dual conversion PPM & PCM, Futaba single and dual conversion PPM & PCM, and the slow booting RCmart single conversion & Corona 6ch synth dual conversion. All now compatible. :D

EN

good morning. very good project. but I wanted to ask if it works with Futaba 2.4GHz FASST. and also want to know if the HEX so I can record on a PIC12F629. thank you very much. see you soon

ES

buenos dias. muy buen proyecto. pero queria preguntarles si funciona con futaba 2.4 Ghz fasst. y tambien deseo saber si el HEX lo puedo grabar en un pic12f629. muchas gracias. hasta pronto.

(1) It might work with FASST if you follow the instructions for PCM type receivers. This is explained in the Check It Out section.

(2) You cannot use a PIC12F629. The project text explains the PIC types you can use.

(1) It might work with FASST if you follow the instructions for PCM type receivers. This is explained in the Check It Out section.

(2) You cannot use a PIC12F629. The project text explains the PIC types you can use.

(1) OK, thanks, I can use it with my futaba 6EX 2.4 GHz FASST

(2) There is possibility of generating the HEX for a PIC12F629, is that it no longer 12C508, 12c509 12f508 12f509 not only get 12F629 and 12F675

(3) according to this: Check it out; Each time you repeat the test, the glitch count will increase by one at step 3.

is increased, but there way to reset the count, is that after a long time I guess that will upset many beeps, then it would be nice being able to reset each flight to find the fault on that flight, but not all cumulative flights, is that after 20 to 30 flights will be upset I guess the beeps.

thank you very much in advance, great project.

2. Sorry, but I do not have a hex file for your PIC.

3. To reset the beep count just interrupt power for a couple seconds. You can do this between flights if you want to reset the count.

2. Sorry, but I do not have a hex file for your PIC.

3. To reset the beep count just interrupt power for a couple seconds. You can do this between flights if you want to reset the count.

2. ok no problem, I will seek a pic12f509, thanks

3. I do not understand how I can do to reset the failure counter, so that each flight is initiated to 0 and thus know the failures, the flight, but not on all flights accumulated .. should wear a pin switch in some pic, or can not do?

3. As mentioned, if you remove the power source the count will be reset to zero. In other words, unplug the R/C receiver battery at the end of each flight. Then plug it back in. The count will be reset.

3. As mentioned, if you remove the power source the count will be reset to zero. In other words, unplug the R/C receiver battery at the end of each flight. Then plug it back in. The count will be reset.

ok, so good, I put in the search for the pic, I have everything else. thanks

hello

I got a pic12f509. but I have some questions before you burn. according to the directions said to Memory: Protected Code, that means the box must be activated CP. but in doing so I can not reuse the pic, to delete it and record a new code is that many projects I want to try rc-cam page before making them .. and why buy the version that allows multiple recordings 12f509. then to erase and record multiple times I have let q CP rankings were the box, or no effect?

and also in the icprog not see the pic12f509, I can put like a 12c509.? I do?

thank you very much

1. Setting code protection does not prevent erasing and reusing the PIC12F509. If you have had problems doing this then your chip programmer is defective.

2. You should use a chip programmer that supports the PIC12F509.

Greetings friend ..

Loma is a marvel. and I have several of my planes with him. I wanted to ask if the sound could be changed by this sound funny that this still quite popular in ringtones.

or could you tell me how to do it, and I get to work on it and upload it to the forum to share, perhaps many would like.

thanks

pato_de_goma.mp3

The existing LoMA design does not have the ability to create complex sound. The audio tone it uses is supplied by the buzzer module, not by LoMA software.

and could you share the asm file of version 14, to seek opportunities? to the place where the alarm is activated, attempting to sound btc code, and test and test to see what results I get.

The ASM is not available. I think you will discover that there are not enough resources in the PIC12C508/509 to make the squeeze toy duck noise heard in your example.

good morning,

Now I need to remove the count in a futaba 6EX 2.4.

"Silence is Golden

There is a Chance That You Have A model Experiences That signal glitches, pero still flies fine. This is typical of park eflyer Some low cost receivers. In this situation, the glitch counter Might end up being to nuisance Rather Than a blessing.

So, you LoMA ITS Another trick up sleeve. To disable the feature's beeping glitch, all you Have to do is disconnect the PIC's pin 2 lead and jumper it to pin 8 (short pin 2 to gnd). This will silence the glitch counter. Be sure to disconnect it from pin 1 first or you will Have smoke!"

I do not understand very well that touches done to eliminate the counter, I could indicate which of the two images is the procedure that fits

and further I could say that I recommend placing hill channel to use with my radio 6EX 2.4, q configuration EPA / ATV or that other to perform well. I use it is on channel 5, then when I need to move the lever to activate mode switch, but if I do, I can turn off the radio and the alarm is not that the futaba FASST radios, keep the last received signal, then I was never active.

thank you very much

post-6046-0-70547900-1295808139_thumb.pn

Both of your drawings are incorrect. All you do is disconnect pin-2 on the PIC from the other circuitry. Then connect pin 2-to pin-8. EVERYTHING else is the same.

If you are using a 2.4GHz Futaba R/C system then you will never experience false R/C signal loss. Any signal loss that is detected will be real and significant (and useful if you allow the LOMA to report it). So, I don't recommend that you perform the silence modification.

• Like 1

then is this?

or I could draw like please, you do not quite understand the lyrics?

and with respect to the futaba 2.4, what happens is that if I turn off the transmitter, the alarm is not active, the receiver stores the last signal received, then it is as if he were still arriving signal and activates the hill I never , turning the transmitter.

thanks

Both of your drawings are incorrect. All you do is disconnect pin-2 on the PIC from the other circuitry. Then connect pin 2-to pin-8. EVERYTHING else is the same.

If you are using a 2.4GHz Futaba R/C system then you will never experience false R/C signal loss. Any signal loss that is detected will be real and significant (and useful if you allow the LOMA to report it). So, I don't recommend that you perform the silence modification.

post-6046-0-84658600-1295826776_thumb.pn

As explained, you disconnect PIC's pin-2 from the circuit and then connect pin-2 to pin-8. As shown below.

post-2-0-09965600-1295829282_thumb.jpg

The point of the mod is to put pin-2 at logic ground. This tells the software to disable the glitch count function.

ok ... thank you very much

:D

As explained, you disconnect PIC's pin-2 from the circuit and then connect pin-2 to pin-8. As shown below.

post-2-0-09965600-1295829282_thumb.jpg

The point of the mod is to put pin-2 at logic ground. This tells the software to disable the glitch count function.

Loma rode with a buzzer that pulled out of a dial-up modem and it just vibrated and the sound did not come with 4 pieces and tried none of them worked so I put a buzzer that pulled out of a larger UPS and will be worked perfeito.Porque Buzzer they did not work? Their model is PAC-1205.

Please help me and thank you.