Sign in to follow this  
ProjectX

Getting Started

All;

Noob here. I would like to start my own science project and it involves R/C parts. I'm unfamiliar with sources of supply and was hoping somebody can provide some guidance. My pet project is to create a cart (3 feet long, 2 feet wide) and have it R/C'd. It would have to support 50lbs of weight (think toolbox). I would make the cart out of wood and marry the cart up with some R/C components (wheels, electroncis, etc...) to allow me to control the cart via a hand held unit (fwd, back, left, right). I guess the main question is where do I start?

Thanks for your time;

Dean

All;

Noob here. I would like to start my own science project and it involves R/C parts. I'm unfamiliar with sources of supply and was hoping somebody can provide some guidance. My pet project is to create a cart (3 feet long, 2 feet wide) and have it R/C'd. It would have to support 50lbs of weight (think toolbox). I would make the cart out of wood and marry the cart up with some R/C components (wheels, electroncis, etc...) to allow me to control the cart via a hand held unit (fwd, back, left, right). I guess the main question is where do I start?

Thanks for your time;

Dean

Hi Dean.

This forum is more focussed upon FPV ('First Person Video' i.e. you control R/C planes/helis/cars/whatever while looking at a video signal from the model itself, rather than looking at it from afar), rather than a forum about building R/C models themselves - although you will find some discussions relevant to building models specifically for FPV use.

You may get more interest/support for your R/C car(t!) on a forum like RCTech, where R/C car enthusiasts will be able to advise you on what sounds like, essentially, a bit R/C car project.