Sign in to follow this  
Kilrah

Interesting angle

My new Edge 540, 1.2m, 1.3kg, 12mins flight time on a 3s/2500mAh pack, and a Gopro with integrated TX on a servo with 180° stretcher... pure fun :)

DSC08242_r.jpg

720p30_Still003.jpg

The video should preferably be downloaded here, as it's 60p, which isn't supported by youtube etc. Best played with VLC.

For the others, it's here too, best watched in HD :)

Brilliant video! Thanks for sharing.

Can you give me additional information about the Gopro mod? How did you manage to get the video live out working without connecting the usb cable?

(I saw your post back in RC-Groups therefore I know about it:P) I'm really tired of waiting for the new Gopro firmware to be released.

regards,

Sibi

I always like your vids Kilrah, how much dose the cam effect the flight performance?

Terry

Can you give me additional information about the Gopro mod? How did you manage to get the video live out working without connecting the usb cable?

It was tricky. Involves a PIC microcontroller with a few little wires going to different places in the camera, a tiny DC/DC converter... i.e too complicated to be reasonably done again. I'm eagerly waiting on that firmware too, that will already remove half the complexity and the limitations, and make it commercially viable.

how much dose the cam effect the flight performance?

Hmm... Seems I will have to admit that I haven't flown it even once before adding the cam :P

My friend bought it, assembled it and flew it a couple of times before I "stole" it, but I wasn't there to see it... I put my RX in, setup radio, installed the cam, did a 1min30 normal flight to check it was OK, then landed and took off FPV. Subsequently added some weight in the nose to adjust CG, was a bit unstable in pitch. Everything's fine now, it has very sane flight so nothing to worry about :P

Edited by Kilrah

Another one, this time more or a raw flight for the most part, gives more of an idea of the flight than edited stuff... really love that smooth and realistic flight! A bit long but nevermind, that beautiful sunset is worth it :D

vlcsnap-00002.jpg

60fps HQ file here