MAFONI

CamMan X Spy Camera 808 Car Keys

Mr RC-Cam,

I would like your help in regard to inform me which of the projects CamMan could be used to drive through the transmitter (Tx), a 808 car keys - Micro Camera - Spy (photos below) and show if there is any change to be made.

Since already many thanks for your feedback.

MAFONI

3view.jpg

3camerabottomside.jpg

3cameratopbuttonside.jpg

It is hard for me to know if any of the CamMan projects are compatible with your 808 camera. What logic level (active low or active high) is needed on the switch to take a photo? What is the required press duration? What is the camera's operating voltage (not the battery voltage, but the circuit's voltage)?

It is hard for me to know if any of the CamMan projects are compatible with your 808 camera. What logic level (active low or active high) is needed on the switch to take a photo? What is the required press duration? What is the camera's operating voltage (not the battery voltage, but the circuit's voltage)?

Dear Mr. RC-Cam, here are the answers to your questions:

Q¹ - What logic level (active low or active high) is needed on the switch to take a photo?

A - Active low.

Q² What is the required press duration?

A - To power the camera = 4~5.0 m/s, to take a photo = 1.0~1.2 m/s, to get video = 1.4~1.6 m/s, to complete a video = 1.0~1.2 m/s and to turn off the camera = 4.0~5 m/s.

Q³ - What is the camera's operating voltage (not the battery voltage, but the circuit's voltage)?

A - 3,3V.

In anticipation of good news

Hugs,

MAFONI B)

Adding the above response:

The sequence of activation of the camera is:

1 - Button 2 (below) = quick press camera energized (yellow LED illuminated).

2 - Button 1 (top) = quick press photo taken (yellow LED blinks once and stays on).

3 - Button 1 (top) down = less rapid, beginning of the video (yellow LED blinks 3 times and off).

4 - Button 1 (top) = quick press finished video (yellow LED illuminated).

5 - Button 2 (below) = down less rapidly, camera is shut down (yellow LED off).

Thanks,

MAFONI

Note: Sorry for English but can understand, ok..

Edited by MAFONI

There is a huge wealth of info in Chuck Lohr's website

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

I also 'smoked' one of my 808 camera's (it works again but the images are now 'upside down' - great on underside of wing or on a heli!)

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C5/index.html#C5UpsideDownSmoke

I have this guys R/C switch for an 808 camera

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15158476&postcount=3814

Send Danny a message, maybe he can help you?

Also a huge thread on RCG

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1115052

Hope that helps.

Nigel.

Good stuff, thanks for those links. I think they will solve Mafoni's project. :)

For those that are interested in the 808 Key Fob camera, here's my story. A couple weeks ago I ordered a $10 808 Key Fob camera from an eBay China vendor. There's hundreds of sources for these things, but despite looking all the same, they differ depending on the factory that made them.

I had read up on the www.chucklohr.com/808/ site that the #3 version was the best of the bunch. This is the version with the yellow video time-stamp in the lower right corner. So, even though the eBay ad I chose said it was a #3, I confirmed with the vendor that it was a #3 (received an email that promised it was).

It arrived last week; Of course it was not a #3, it was a #6. So listen to the chucklohr site warnings -- China vendors are dodgy little critters and you should not trust what they say, even if they promise on a stack of <insert holy manuscript here>.

The cool thing is that these cameras are tiny. The required SDHC memory card (another $15 for a reputable class-4 speed) is insanely small too. The video AVI quality is similar to the low cost Aiptek type cameras sold ten years ago. There's some nice video examples on the internet, but on my 330S-X quad the quality is a disappointment, but still interesting to play with.

Oh, and my camera does not work all the time. I have to go through hoops to turn it on, often having to reset it or unsolder the battery to cold boot it. Another example of you get what you pay for. :)

There is a huge wealth of info in Chuck Lohr's website

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

I also 'smoked' one of my 808 camera's (it works again but the images are now 'upside down' - great on underside of wing or on a heli!)

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C5/index.html#C5UpsideDownSmoke

I have this guys R/C switch for an 808 camera

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15158476&postcount=3814

Send Danny a message, maybe he can help you?

Also a huge thread on RCG

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1115052

Hope that helps.

Nigel.

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for the information. I had already had read almost all topics on the Internet, on camera spy 808, but none referencing the ship's programming PIC's.

As projects of RC-Cam programming, and are based on this as I already have the programmer for them, I am asking the help of Mr. RC-Cam for that.

Anyway, if you can not help it, I'll get in touch with Danny to see what they do, since I am in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro and not know if you can send this type of product to and fro.

Thanks,

MAFONI B)

As projects of RC-Cam programming, and are based on this as I already have the programmer for them, I am asking the help of Mr. RC-Cam for that.

If your heart is set on using a CamMan PIC, then the "CamMan-Aiptek" project is probably the one to try; it has active low outputs and the shutter output is low for 250mS for each snapshot.

Hi Mafoni,

Interesting you have some programming tools for the 808 camera.

Would you care to share the info?

I did play a bit with some of my 808 cams and gave up trying to 'hack' them.

One of mine had the Syntek chip (forget exactly which) and I could set date/time with a bit software I found on the FlyCamOne website - I think one version of FlyCamOne uses the same Syntek chip?

IIRC the cam had to be in webcam mode...? to program it.

Of most interest to the whole world is the removal of the date/time stamp !

Contact Danny (he's in the Netherlands) and I'm sure he will ship worldwide.

He was supplying the cam switch and genuine v3 camera for 20 Euros + postage -- crazy!

Nigel.

Hi Nigel,

I already sent several statements to Danny, but so far nothing no response.

I will continue waiting for his return to see if it sends the remote switch to Brazil-Rio de Janeiro.

Thanks,

MAFONI

Edited by MAFONI

Good stuff, thanks for those links. I think they will solve Mafoni's project. :)

For those that are interested in the 808 Key Fob camera, here's my story. A couple weeks ago I ordered a $10 808 Key Fob camera from an eBay China vendor. There's hundreds of sources for these things, but despite looking all the same, they differ depending on the factory that made them.

I had read up on the www.chucklohr.com/808/ site that the #3 version was the best of the bunch. This is the version with the yellow video time-stamp in the lower right corner. So, even though the eBay ad I chose said it was a #3, I confirmed with the vendor that it was a #3 (received an email that promised it was).

It arrived last week; Of course it was not a #3, it was a #6. So listen to the chucklohr site warnings -- China vendors are dodgy little critters and you should not trust what they say, even if they promise on a stack of <insert holy manuscript here>.

The cool thing is that these cameras are tiny. The required SDHC memory card (another $15 for a reputable class-4 speed) is insanely small too. The video AVI quality is similar to the low cost Aiptek type cameras sold ten years ago. There's some nice video examples on the internet, but on my 330S-X quad the quality is a disappointment, but still interesting to play with.

Oh, and my camera does not work all the time. I have to go through hoops to turn it on, often having to reset it or unsolder the battery to cold boot it. Another example of you get what you pay for. :)

Hi Mr. RC-Cam,

Since you also bought a 808 a spy camera, was being provience the inclusion of this tutorial remote swich camera in CamMan?

Thanks,

MAFONI

Since you also bought a 808 a spy camera, was being provience the inclusion of this tutorial remote swich camera in CamMan?

Sorry, no plans to do that. Besides, my 808 camera's design is different from yours (plus it has obvious reliability problems). If you are successful with the CamMan-Aiptek PIC then be sure to post some installation information. :)

Has anyone tried using one of these mounts for the 808 camera? 808 camera mount If the camera is mounted upside down, is there a way of inverting the video and saving it?

Thanks,

Vin