Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

DPC-001 camera?

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16617&cat=0&page=1

I hope this is the right place to post this, but I'm wondering about this little camera. On paper, it seems to be perfect. It's cheap, tiny, low voltage, low current, with about the highest resolution a standard def cam can offer.

So, what's the catch? What's the video quality like? Is there a prominent jello effect?

Thanks

I've received good comments on it. The main catch is that it has a narrow FOV, so a micro servo for panning would be helpful. The camera is sold elsewhere as the FH10C, so you might find some FPV video examples if you search around the web.

It is a great camera if tiny size is extremely important. But if your model can accommodate a quality 30x30mm size CCD board camera then keep in mind that it would offer the ability to use a wider lens. Plus CCD will not have the jello effect issue to worry about.

I've received good comments on it. The main catch is that it has a narrow FOV, so a micro servo for panning would be helpful. The camera is sold elsewhere as the FH10C, so you might find some FPV video examples if you search around the web.

Are they the exact same camera or are there different models that look exactly the same? Because, when I googled it, I've seen big differences in the stated FOV. DPCAV lists 50 degrees while some other sites list 62 degrees, and I saw someone say 40 degrees on a forum. Strangely, all the other specs listed are exactly the same.

I'm still interested in this cam but I hope the differences in listed FOV are just embellishments and not actually different cams.

Thanks

I suspect that they are all the same, but I cannot confirm that. On the tiny cameras the FOV tends to be an estimated/approximate value. To my eyes, the PAL version looks slightly wider than 50o and the NTSC version is slightly less than 50o. Maybe that is why there is a wide variety of published specs.