Mr.RC-Cam

DIY Video Switcher Project

Sept-30-2003 Update:

I do not have any boards left. The circuit board offer is now closed.

Ref discussion: DIY Video Switch (Click me).

Here is an excerpt from that discussion:

The Camera Switcher Project is published at http://www.rc-cam.com/rcswitch.htm . It is not a public page; you will not find it mentioned on the RC-CAM web site.

Please review the project to see if it is a good fit for you and your application. Despite the large looking parts seen in the photos, they are actually VERY tiny. The IC lead pitch is small (50 mil) -- SMT soldering experience is a must. You will also need to be able to determine how to integrate the board into your application, using the schematics and web site details.

In case you have not noticed, I am not including the details to the 12V DC-DC. I am not satisfied with its performance and so it has been dropped. The boards have traces for the circuitry, but you can cut off the unused area if you want to reduce the board's size (photo below is shown with the DC-DC area cut off).

For a limited time I will sell the PCB to RC-CAM forum members. The Rev B PCB, along with a pre-programmed SOIC-8 packaged PIC chip, is $xx + shipping. I also have some Rev A boards. They required simple mods (couple of cuts and four carefully placed parts ). The mod instructions will be provided to those that buy this version. I will sell these for $xx each, with the programmed PIC. USA shipping is $2, outside the USA shipping is $4. Payment by PayPal only. All payments must include your forum member name.

If you have any technical or operational questions please do not directly email me. Please post them to this thread.

board3.jpg

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam
Removed prices, offer no longer valid

BTW, anyone that has built or used this gadget are free to comment about it on this thread.

I have build the version b board and I am very satisfied with the results! Nice switch-over from one camera to the other. Allthough the parts are tiny it can be done with the right equipment. My board functioned without a flaw from the start!See the picture pages on the old forum to see mine.

Delcam

I finally had a chance to fly my video switch today.

Here is a link to a page where I talk a little bit about it. Not much yet, I still need to take some pictures of the poor little foamie with all this stuff strapped to it!

http://www.yb2normal.com/rccamswitchdemo.html

I really really wish someone would go into production I could think of at least 10 customers this second who would pay a fair price for this feature!!

any one know who might be able to be persuaded to sell some of these??

Yb2normal is now selling a video switch. I think he is beta testing it as we speak. It is not based on my design. It would be best to contact him privately to make purchase arrangements.