Sign in to follow this  
kist2001

New 900Mhz receivers

It seems most FPV vendors are switching to the new two button 900Mhz receiver. Has anyone

tested these and confirmed they are as good as the Racewood units?

-Ken :huh:

I think you mean the Chinese Rx's with the LED display. I've tested dozens of the mainland China 900MHz-1.3GHz systems with the hopes of finding a worthy model. I'm still looking. Fortunately the Taiwan produced models have consistent performance.

For sure, if you have a China made transmitter then buy the receiver that is sold to go with it. In other words, don't mix and match brands.

I think you mean the Chinese Rx's with the LED display. I've tested dozens of the mainland China 900MHz-1.3GHz systems with the hopes of finding a worthy model.

I'm no expert, but I'm wondering how much the fact that these units... especially the transmitter... have absolutely no heat sinking whatsoever may play into their continued operation over time?

I've posted my issue above RE: incorrect frequencies on a system from China but when I took the TX apart to install in my own larger casing I saw that both the large voltage regulator on the back of the PC board as well as the output transistor up at the antenna connector were heat sink challenged, to say the least. Both got rather hot after only a few minutes powered up. Over time in such a tiny confined space they would probably burn out. Certainly the heat would become a factor in their proper operation and possibly could cause them to act up producing channel drift, switching on and off and/or reduced the TX output.

I'm looking to install hefty heat sinking to both components as I migrate to the larger casings. I'd be happy to post pictures of the mods if there is any interest

Anyway, like I said. I'm no expert.

Edited by scooterspal

We tend to want our TX as light as possible so good cooling is often the only way forward. Lucky that on a plane this is easy :)

Terry