Last year I bought a wireless pinhole camera with the intention of recording videos of slot car tracks/races.

I was able to install the camera inside the cabin of a 1/32 scale truck. See photos:

Camera Truck 002.JPG

Camera Truck 008.JPG

The performance of that camera is really poor (lots of noise) and I would like to buy something better. The range needed is within 60 feet.

As you can see from the pictures above I would need to buy the same style of camera or something smaller to keep everything inside the truck.

Here is the result video from the camera.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What should I buy, etc.

Not much to go on here, but your Tx/camera is probably not the issue. From what I can see it looks like you need to disable the other RF device(s) is in your operating area that are causing much of the interference.

wifi and bluetooth top of the list just to make it clear ;)

Terry

By the way, is your track the old-school variety that uses simple voltage controlled rails? Or is it using a digital controlled system where multiple cars can run on the same track? If it is the latter then it may be involved in creating some of the interference. Long story short, suspect everything.

Troubleshooting is easy: Turn *everything* off within 300 feet of ground zero and then power-up each electronic device (one at a time) to identify which ones are contributing to the interference. Hopefully they are things you don't need during your slot car races.

By the way, is your track the old-school variety that uses simple voltage controlled rails? Or is it using a digital controlled system where multiple cars can run on the same track? If it is the latter then it may be involved in creating some of the interference. Long story short, suspect everything.

Troubleshooting is easy: Turn *everything* off within 300 feet of ground zero and then power-up each electronic device (one at a time) to identify which ones are contributing to the interference. Hopefully they are things you don't need during your slot car races.

The track is analog, the digital tracks are not reliable yet.

I was using Bluetooth and wireless when the video was recorded, I will give it another shot after turning them off.

Thank you.