Sign in to follow this  
MAFONI

NAV-LIGHTS PROBLEM

Friend, assembled the project NAV LIGHTS literally according to the layout and components made ​​by you. But I'm having a little problem and would like your help.

When I turn the switch on / off, the navigation lights illuminate normally but the strobe light, between a flash and another, is not completely clears and the headlights are flashing like strobe but with much reduced intensity.

What can be and what to do?

Tale usual your help :(

MNicolini

The symptom suggests you have a wiring error involving the strobe and headlight circuits. Rest your eyes for a day then go back and carefully check all your work again.

The symptom suggests you have a wiring error involving the strobe and headlight circuits. Rest your eyes for a day then go back and carefully check all your work again.

Very, very, good for your reply, sorry that did not help me at all. If it were just rest your eyes and the problem would resolve itself would not be bothering you with this type of question.

Anyway thank you for your response and your help in vain!

It's the second time I make an appointment and you do not get any positive feedback, help me here man!

MNicolini

If it were just rest your eyes and the problem would resolve itself would not be bothering you with this type of question.

A technician's eyes are the very best troubleshooting tool and that is reason I recommended looking at the wiring it again. This was a serious request and I was not attempting to waste your time. If your wiring is neat and orderly, and you have a very good close-up camera, then please feel free to post some clear photos. No promises, but maybe I will see something that needs attention.

If you cannot see a problem then I suggest you simplify the circuit by removing the connections to PIC pins 2, 3, and 5. Then add each pin's related circuitry to see if that helps you find the error. That is, test the Status LED circuitry (pin 3 items) and verify it works. Then add the landing light circuitry (pin 2 items) and verify it works. Then add the strobe light circuitry (pin 5 items ) and confirm it works. If along the way you find a problem then fix it before adding the next pin's circuitry. This process should help you find success.

And it would be good to verify (again) that there is correct voltage across PIC pins 1 and 8, including when the various lights are turned on and off. Because if the power supply voltage isn't correct/stable then the microcontroller will not work correctly.

It's the second time I make an appointment and you do not get any positive feedback, help me here man!

I do the best I can to help on the published projects but I can't solve every problem. For sure, I would be interested in knowing what you mean by that. Do you have a link to the first discussion where I provided the poor help?

I do the best I can to help on the published projects but I can't solve every problem. For sure, I would be interested in knowing what you mean by that. Do you have a link to the first discussion where I provided the poor help?