Sign in to follow this  

Hi Folks..

Has anyone programmed the LMA for use with JR equipment such as the PCM9X2.

I've built the LMA but need to sort out a problem the buzzer cus it isin't working. To get around it at the moment, I've put an LED in position.

I am connecting it to a JR NER-649S (PCM) receiver on the AUX2 channel but can't seem to get it to function correctly. When I power up the LMO, I get the three flashes but when I power of the TX, I get nothing - well, not quite nothing. My problem seems to be getting the value correct for the LMA to sense that the signal has been lost.

I can program the travels but I can't seem to get a consistent activation of the LMO. Either it won't flash at all or it activates when TX is on. Some times I get a constant 1 second flash.

Anyone shed any ideas?

Many thanks

I have no experience with the PCM9X2, but the basic idea is the same for all PCM receivers. You need a standard 1.0 to 2.0 mS pulse during normal use and a <0.95mS or >2.05mS pulse during fail-safe.

If the operating voltage is more than 5.2V then you may run into odd problems (higher voltages can damage the PIC). Receivers with extremely low servo signal levels may not work with LoMA.

If all else fails, plug it into a standard PPM receiver and confirm that LoMA is working correctly.