Hi guys,

The other day I experienced some white banding on my video feed that I had never seen on my current setup. It is not constant throughout the flight but raised my eyebrows immediately. Haven´t flown since but I am assuming it was site related because it was not there before... But one never knows.

VTX 1.200 G 300 mW - SPW + GP patch ( too lazy to build a helical... and the GP patch works well with circular indeed...)

RC 72.350 Mhz PCM

1,20 m wing with VTX on wingtip and all shielded wiring.

I have no audio recorded but the audio from the MIC was clear.

Edited by tascheri

I would say it looks like vibration interference or over modulation.

Terry

Thanks Terry. Maybe a partially loose contact with vibration could have done it. Will check my video levels too. I did have a ground wire break off from the connector during periodical maintenance, maybe it was already failing.

I was not clear (too much of a hurry) but the over modulation would be from the audio so maybe he mike was in the wind? Vibration is favorite so is the TX soft mounted? Dose it happen at particular prop speeds?

It could be other things but I would start there.

Terry

Edited by Terry

OK, got it. The mic is facing back but maybe too close to the prop ( 4 inches ). I´m stretching the cable outwards out of the motor area and adding a trimpot in series to adjust the level.

The vid TX is way out on the wingtip, not soft mounted by I doubt it´s getting any considerable vibrations though, I am very serious about balancing props.

Hope the weather smooths out towards the weekend ( it´s winter here now ) to have some tests.

Results will be posted.

Thanks again.