Sign in to follow this  
prasgane

UAV project, Help needed

I am currently attending college to get a degree in electrical and electronic engineering. I have decided to build a UAV for my project. I have gone through a lot of sites and papers on this topic, but I am not able to get a clear idea on how to start the project and what are the most basic components that are required to build a UAV. So could someone help me with this?

There are many types of UAV, what type, size, abiliy. How much off the shelf do you want, how much do you want to make. what experiance do you have in flying, electronics, model building?

Terry

There are many types of UAV, what type, size, abiliy. How much off the shelf do you want, how much do you want to make. what experiance do you have in flying, electronics, model building?

Terry

Hey,

Thank for replying. I was looking at more of a long range high altitude UAV. The size is not yet decided. I dont have much experience in flying or making uav. The designing is done by an aerospace engineering.

You will probably run into problems with regulations if want long range or high altitude, both are also pushing the limits of most amature UAVs.

Terry

and about the regulations, we dont have any regulations for flying uavs in india i guess. I was going through the internet and I didnt find any such regulations. It doesnt look like they are going to make any.

You can make the airframe from anything depending on size. If you dont know much about aircraft design then maybe just buy a model plane kit of your required size and work on getting the electronics right.

Terry

hello sir,

im in to uav project and got struck in choosing the frequency for my telemetry.my rc set is of 2.4ghz,fpv is 900mhz and cant decide abt telemetry frequency!

please help me!

thankyou

Its normal to use your video downlink audio channel to receive data from your aircraft. If you need to send data to the aircraft then lots of 2.4 systems will work ok with 2.4 rc. If not then a UHF link is common.

Terry

sorry sir i didnt get you!

can u be more clear?

actually im using APM2.5 on my uav, so telemetry is must for mission planning.which frequency do u think is best for 1km range which can penetrate into small cardboard rooms? please help me!

thanks in advance

I dont understand small cardboard rooms but I think UHF 433Mhz would suit your needs.

Terry

thankyou for ur reply sir!

cardboard rooms means a small building made of wood with four rooms through which our uav should pass and cover the activities going on there

can i get 1kim range with 433mhz telemetry system without any glitch?

if so can u suggest me a set which u have an idea?

thankyou

jeevan

I cant say you will get 1km range through wood as it is far too complicated to work out. All I can say is that it would be a good choice to start your testing. I also have no experience with the apm2.5 so you will have to find a suitable modem from the information you have.

This hobby is all about testing out your ideas and making your own equipment where possable even if it has got a bit plug and play in recent years.

Terry

thankyou for your reply sir. sir actually wood means its plywood of thickness around 1.5cm.do you think i can do this usibg 433mhz?

infact i will start testing as soon as i receive my sets!

thankyou

jeevan