Sign in to follow this  
bloisy

Gaui 330xs (500x Frame) Motor problem

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone has experience with this problem and can offer a solution...

This is a 330xs system with a 500x frame. I upgraded the frame due to previous vibration problems with the 330xs frame, but am now having new problems...

After replacing the motor on arm 4, I am still having the same problem as before the replacement (as shown in the video). This is a brand new motor and the ESC is properly connected to the motor.

The ESC gets slightly warmer than the others, but is relatively new since I have barely had this heli flying! Have never been able to get it to fly right. Although, it has hovered successfully here and there.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VsKGprafI8

Pull out the motor/ESC's three wires and check carefully for a hidden broken wire, bad solder connection, defective banana pin connector, etc. If the wires & connections are good then the ESC may have failed.

Pull out the motor/ESC's three wires and check carefully for a hidden broken wire, bad solder connection, defective banana pin connector, etc. If the wires & connections are good then the ESC may have failed.

Hi,

First, before taking the arms apart, I lowered the gain as kindly suggested to me on another forum and it seemed to allow slightly more power to the motor, but in the end it failed and reverted back to the same problem.

Next, I followed another suggestion to re-set the ESC's, but no dice.

To see if it was an ESC problem as you suggested, I proceeded to switch the problem ESC with the #2 arm and sure enough the problem followed to the new location. And, it still gets hotter than the others.

This is the 2nd ESC that has seemed to fail on me and I have barely had the thing flying - just hovering a few times. Is it me?? I just wanna take some video. That's all I wanna do!! :D

Does GAUI cover their ESC's under warranty?

Cheers

Edited by bloisy

Does GAUI cover their ESC's under warranty?

Gaui's email address is in the manual, so it is possible to contact them about the bad ESC.

Gaui's email address is in the manual, so it is possible to contact them about the bad ESC.

I've already contacted them via their 'contact' option on the website. Will post their reply when/if it comes.

Thanks.

I've already contacted them via their 'contact' option on the website. Will post their reply when/if it comes.

Thanks.

FYI - absolutely no response from Gaui.