Sign in to follow this  
szech

mirroring / flipping upside down a live feed

I just bought my first wireless system, but it's not actually for an something radio-controlled. I'm making a helmet with a built in LCD (as a heads-up display), that will be receiving a video feed from a camera with a angled perspective from a above. It's for a student project, and I'm actually hoping that someone might know of a way to mirror and possibly time-lag the video between either between the camera and the transmitter, or the receiver and the LCD.

I thought I could possibly just plug it into a laptop and run the video through software that would distort it. But since cameras might get mounted upside down/off-axis in rc cars/planes I thought there might be a more compact way?

Thanks a ton for any info.

In the old days you could swap the deflection yoke's connections on the CRT to mirror the monitor's image. Nowadays that is not possible, but some modern cameras and monitors have a reverse/mirror video feature available on them. But I've never seen one that could flip the video upside down.

Time lagging the video requires sophisticated processing. A PC or DVR would be needed.

I can actually flip the feed upside down, but I can't mirror it haha. I'm probably going to have to re-encode it somewhere along the signal. Thanks for your helpQ