Sign in to follow this  
JetPilot

RC Cam, do you fly anymore ?

Hi RC Cam,

I remember some years back watching some really neat videos of you flying your FPV plane to some impressive altitudes and ranges. I see a lot of your technical posts which are always helpful, but I am wondering, do you fly anymore ?

Mike

I fly a couple times a week when the weather is cooperating. But nowadays it is with small aircraft and more relaxed settings. I recently got into multicopters (building a third one at the moment). The technology in those things blows me away and they are a blast to fly (especially in the local parks & fields that are convenient to me).

Like some of the other long time rc-cam forum members, I have scaled back a bit on the cutting edge activities. What was near-impossible to do 10 years ago seems like everyday activity today; Although the wow factor is different, I've adopted a more relaxed attitude and this has given me a chance to just enjoy the R/C hobby for what it is.

I really liked those group of videos, especailly the one where you ask you friend " What are you doing " just before the wings come off your plane ! I am still trying to push the limits, which is why I am here after a long absence trying to improve my video range :)

Mike

That sounds like Cyberflyer's flight way back in ~2004, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. But I recall that the model's airspeed got too high during descent on a high altitude flight and the wings sheared off.