Sign in to follow this  
cyber-flyer

Color Pansonic CCDs, cheap.

Following a lead from friend of mine I've bought two Panasonic cameras from this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5703643819

The camera looks like a variation of Panasonic's 161 model but has more robust lens housing. Two cameras that I won at the auction have arrived and I tested one - the image looks good, just like KX-P161 that I own. Lens is wide angle, appears to be 3.2 mm. Perfect for the FPV flying projects.

Thinking that I want more - I've talked to the vendor today. He told me that he still has few hundreds(!) of them left. I thought I pass this opportunity along.

Val.

That vendor has sold those little fellows on eBay and the RCU forum. He also offers the special wire harness at a fair price.

It is the camera used in the recent demo videos I posted. It is a CX161 with a specialized lens. The lens has been glued in place, but seems to be focused properly.

That vendor has sold those little fellows on eBay and the RCU forum.  He also offers the special wire harness at a fair price.

It is the camera used in the recent demo videos I posted. It is a CX161 with a specialized lens. The lens has been glued in place, but seems to be focused properly.

I was able to adjust the focus on the lens after loosening the setscrew. I was worried about the glued and screwed statement in the advertisement, but the ones I bought weren’t glued in any way.

Nice little camera by the way, now if I could just find a CX171 at a good price!

<edit>

Here is a medium res video using the camera.

VideoStick_5-27-04.zip (17.8 megs)

Edited by IA-Flyer

I was also able to adjust focus after loosening the setscrew. AI, if you can wait I should have a few 5V CX171 cameras at the end of July. I can let one go for $109 if you're interested. BTW, nice video.

Mark