Mr.RC-Cam

For Sale: WTV020-SD-20SS MP3 Sound Modules with SD Card

26 posts in this topic

SOLD OUT, no longer available:

For Sale: WTV020-SD-20SS MP3 sound modules (with 1GB memory card). $20 USD. Price includes postal shipping to a USA destination. International orders must add +$6 USD. PayPal payments only. To purchase one please contact me by forum PM (this will confirm you are a registered at rc-cam.com or 9xforum.com) to obtain my PayPal account information. BTW, if you contact me from 9xforums.com then send the PM to member name thomas9x. Please no emails!

These are the "new" V1.1 sound module, but have the special "no-delay" MP3 chip needed for the 9x voice mod.

The module and 1GB SD memory card have been tested in my 9x transmitter (using the popular 9x voice mod). You will find some .wav files on the SD card; delete them before copying the sound files assigned to your 9x software version. Installing the module in a 9x requires additional electronic components; Full details are published here: http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=948

post-2-0-80555700-1351805359_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam
Sold Out
2 people like this

I would like to buy one of the emartee boards. I have 2 of the ng ones in the mail from them. I have the other board ready and want to try it out. What's another $20.00.... New to forums PMing. This is my first post this forum. I think I can be PM'd. Thanks. I'm in NYS.

oldpal44, thanks for the purchase. Your module & SD card shipped today.

Well, It works. ER9X is talking! I have another radio and trying to decide to do the same thing over again or use the updated version. Soldering the wires to the LCD pins on the board made me anxious. I was amazed when it worked. I haven't done much of this soldering for over 30 years. Still fun. Now to prog some switches. Thank You..........

Well, It works. ER9X is talking!

That's awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

That's awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

I have been the posts on the new method and have decided to try another of the emartee method. I bought extra parts to do at least 2 with extra parts. Do you still have one left ? I haven't seen the 2 modules from emartee, but will buy one of your's as I know it works. Let me know.

No problem, I have plenty of sound modules available. PayPal details are the same as your last purchase.

No problem, I have plenty of sound modules available. PayPal details are the same as your last purchase.

Second module working well both tx's working the same. I now have the 2 new from emartee that I will put in parts box (or try one if it is of any value) They appear to be identical to the ones I got from you. Tried one tx at 33.5F and other at 50.0F (IR case temp). No voice issues. That info re the er9x forum. I don't want to anger anyone there. If there was a need, I would try open9x, but I do like er9x and getting comfortable with it. I haven't done the telemetry mod yet as it is confusing me a bit. The frsky module part...... So it goes. What I got from you really simplified my mod. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback!

I haven't done the telemetry mod yet as it is confusing me a bit. The frsky module part...... So it goes.

I think you will find the FrSky telemetry upgrade to be challenging but worth the effort. Especially now that you have the voice feature; The spoken telemetry alerts are awesome.

Mike_TAGLIANTE

Hi, I'm a new member from France and I appreciate your work for the 9x community.

I wish to buy one of the emartee boards you've tested.

Can I use Paypal? Please can you confirm it me by email, I'll give you my adress.

Best regards

Can I use Paypal? Please can you confirm it me by email, I'll give you my adress.

Yes, PayPal is accepted. I have PM'd you my PayPal account information.

Trying to get hold of the sound board but your inbox seems full Thomas?

Do you have any of the sound modules left for the voice mod? Also, I see images of a Speak-9x board, but cannot track down where to purchase it. Any help appreciated on that.... or maybe I'll just have to go the PCB route.

Please message me details and you can send me a paypal request too if applicable. I am in Europe, so allow postage for that. My email is brett(at)xtc-paragliding.com

Thanks

Brett

Trying to get hold of the sound board but your inbox seems full Thomas?

Sorry about that, there's now some room for new messages. I PM'd you my PayPal info.

Do you have any of the sound modules left for the voice mod?

Yes, I have plenty of the sound modules and SD cards.

Also, I see images of a Speak-9x board, but cannot track down where to purchase it. Any help appreciated on that.

That was a personal project and not something I intended to offer. But I have a couple blank (unpopulated) PCBs that I can sell. I don't have step-by-step instructions or parts kit, but I posted the schematic, bill of materials, and some basic information in my 9x voice blog topic. If the sparse details or buying/soldering the tiny SMD parts alarm you, then MikeB's DiY perfboard voice interface would be a better choice.

Hello Mr RC-Cam,

I first wanted to congratulate you for the amazing job you did on this project.

If you have some left, I'd like to be able to purchase one module+ 1gb sd and an unpopulated pcb.

I live in France.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Regards

Arnaud

If you have some left, I'd like to be able to purchase one module+ 1gb sd ...

I have plenty of sound modules. The payment information has been sent to you by forum PM.

Hello MR RC-Cam, this is my first post on this forum: hello everybody! If you still have some tested sound module I would like yo buy one of them using Paypal, I'm in Italy. Thanks, bogcap

Just out of interest how are these sounds selected and triggered, how may different sounds can they play?

Terry

Just out of interest how are these sounds selected and triggered, how may different sounds can they play?

1. The sounds are stored on the SD card in numerically named files. For example, the first sound file is 0000.wav.

2. Sounds are selected by a 2-wire interface. There are variants of this module that are sold by emartee.com and other suppliers that can be triggered by other types of interfaces.

3. This module supports a couple hundred different sound files of any length (within the limits of the 1GB SD card). On the 9X transmitter several word files will be concatenated together to form a spoken sentence.

Thanks, I was just wondering about the possibility of using one along side my OSD and transmitting to my glasses via the audio channel on the video link. I dont use the audio channel for GPS or anything so could send almost unlimited information this way as I dont like too much clutter on the OSD :)

Is there any data sheet available? I would want to interface with a PIC.

Terry

Is there any data sheet available? I would want to interface with a PIC.

Here's the datasheet from emartee.com: http://www.emartee.com/Attachment.php?name=41835.pdf

If you Google WTV020 you will find several DiY projects that will help you implement the module in your custom application. And of course you can create a topic in the projects sub-forum (not in this For Sale forum) and some of us may be able to offer help too.

How did I know you were going to say that lol

If I go ahead with it I will share details and probably require some help from those that have used them before. Just for info I will be posting info on my new quad projects when the weather lets me fly them ;)

Terry

HaloeboyRC, your module has shipped. I have one more to sell; After it is sold I will notify this discussion with a final post. Until then there is one module available.

HaloeboyRC, your module has shipped. I have one more to sell; After it is sold I will notify this discussion with a final post. Until then there is one module available.

PM sent.

If you still have one, I'll take it