Sign in to follow this  
Terry

First flight in over a year!

Well I have not flown in over a year but the recent floods prompted me to take a few pics (well my other half did :) ). The best bit was that despite the gusty conditions I nailed the landing by stopping across a narrow strip of grass in front of me, I was well pleased. The plane was my Skywalker which I have only flown a hand full of times but the flaps do help a lot.

post-16-0-92767700-1354054673_thumb.jpg

post-16-0-82319200-1354054713_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you back at the sticks! Looks like the flooding filled up the river banks in the pano photo.

A big storm is on its way to my area tomorrow. The weather man predicts 6+ inches of rain over a four day period. So thanks for sharing your excess H2O. :)

Thats not a river in the pano, thats normally just fields!

My flying field is the field full of brown water in the other pic thats why I flew from the road.

We have had huge flooding here in the SW over the last few weeks but it seems to have peaked...

If you have facebook then there are lots of vids and pic on this page http://www.facebook.com/pointswest

Here is a pic of the fields in the pano during a normal Summer.

post-16-0-18121700-1354089880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terry

So far just wind and intermittent rain. The news channels continue to warn that a lot of rain will fall -- flooding is expected and so the low area homeowners are a bit nervous. My house is safe though, thank goodness.

Seems to be happening everywhere, not just flooding but generally more rain and wind. Thats the other reason I have not flown for a year,there just seem to be less good days to make use of :(

Terry

Thats the other reason I have not flown for a year,there just seem to be less good days to make use of

I've noticed that the older I get my threshold for "good" flying days has become more selective. If it's cold or windy, I'm not going to fly. When I was younger I didn't care as much.

The rain and wind has gotten crazy here. A third consecutive storm front (another big one) is on the way too, so things are not improving. I may have to pull my indoor heli out of storage and fly it instead. Or satisfy the urge to fly using my R/C flight simulator. :)

Yes you could be right, I suppose I did fly in some pretty bad weather years ago but also there are more things competing for the good weather too!

If your anything like me the sim wont hit the spot, real or nothing :)

Terry