Sign in to follow this  
elossam

iftron pasport 5.8 rx and switching image trouble

Hi guys.

Im using a pasport 5.8 diversity Rx. Using it with Fpv gogles gives nice and clean image but with a fpv monitor it shows the image switching between image and no image every second or so. The monitor shows a label indicating PAL sometimes and SECAM the next flick and so on. Have tried seoarate batteries, increase distance between rx and monitor, remove one antena rx to force no diversity action ...nothing helps. Direct video in from the camera shows perfect image. A cheap chinese 1.2 rx shows perfectly stable image.

Any idea about what should I look at?

You should confirm the video levels on both Rx's are correct. Also confirm that the horz & vert sync pulses have the correct amplitude and minimal distortion.

Should be something so. Tested today with a second pasport RX without problens and with a inmersion RX (compatible with the iftron TX) and it failed the same way as the first passport RX. At least that left adide a possible power trouble or a fail in the emited signal. Do you know if the levels yor pointed me to check are commonly adjustable in RX systems through a pot or defined by some fixed value resistors?

Thanks for your time mate.

Do you know if the levels yor pointed me to check are commonly adjustable in RX systems through a pot or defined by some fixed value resistors?

Some have video level pots, some don't. After you identify the exact problem you can have a conversation with the manufacturer and they should be able to advise a solution.

Can you try another monitor? That one might be especially picky about timing...

Yes the monitors I have are very picky! they loose sync well before my eyetrek glasses.

Terry

It could be the monitor. fpv glasses or different brand monitor works fine but have no other monitor equal that the ones that fails for tesring. As obe of the rx works nice Im using this one and as soon as I can put my hands on a scope will have a look on it.

Edited by elossam