Sign in to follow this  
elossam

ground shield

Hi friends. need to run two electronic devices that required to be powered by the same battery source but cant share the same negative pole. Any idea about how to isolate the negative pole from each other? or it is impossible and have no option other than using two different batteries?

Thanks. So what I need to find are isolated dc-dc units? I think Recom and Tracoshould work as I need 7.2 V and 300 mah only and the devices will be flying onboard so reduced weigh is a must.

A couple of isolated dc-dc (one for each device) is all what I need?

Only one VReg is needed. One device is powered directly by the battery. The other is powered by the isolated VReg that is connected to the same battery. The two devices will be isolated from each other.

It's rare to need to go to all this trouble. Why are you doing this?

I need to power two radios from a common power source but the common ground makes them work strange while working with their own bats gives no problem.

That is sometimes a sign of common mode noise that is coupled through the copper wiring. Using isolated power and physical separation of the two systems is one way to solve it. But if you haven't tried effective common mode power filtering then I'd suggest you do that first.

http://www.murata.com/products/emc/knowhow/pdf/26to30.pdf