Terry

Fleye

With the hidden/protected props it seems like a safer-than-usual form factor.

It's cool to see all the different "drone" platforms that have been developed the last couple years. But although I appreciate the technology, I usually shrug them off because they are not R/C hobby model aircraft. Instead, it seems to me that the marketing strategy is to sell flying selfie sticks to consumers. Humans are definitely a narcissistic life form, so I am sure things like this drone-gadget are here to stay. :)

• Like 1

Yes exactly my thoughts. This is aimed at a different market to the larger aircraft. Very impressive but I miss the days of the slow stick.

Terry

Hey guys,

Nice to read you appreciate the design.

The marketing strategy is not flying selfie-stick for narcissists ;) It is actually the first incarnation of a flying robot of the future. It comes with a powerful onboard computer that runs linux and can perform computer vision tasks. Both the mobile app and the drone software will come with open API and SDK such that developpers and enthousiasts can hack it to develop new use cases or businesses. The electronics comes with many versatile I/O and one can be used to plug your favorite RC receivers.

It's actually not intended to replace quads our helicos, it s more to be seen like a new animal for indoor and next-to-people operations.

The kickstarter just started : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gofleye/fleye-your-personal-flying-robot

and you like it you can just help us by spreading the word that flying robots are coming by sharing our viral 1 minute video on facebook https://www.facebook.com/gofleye/videos/vb.575526605916505/710059245796573/

Happy to read your thoughts or comments

Dimitri

co-founder of Fleye

I indeed appreciate the technology that goes into the various "drones" being developed. But I am not thrilled by your vision of flying robots for indoor and next-to-people operations. We see a bit of that now and the general public clearly does not like it. Enough so that the FAA and DOT are now interfering with the R/C hobby.

Drones in the UK have a very negative feel at the moment :( There is also more and more people buying them as not only and new drone cheap second hand ones are now quite easy to find. Im seeing phantom 2 with all thye gear for £300.

Terry 

Edited by Terry