Mr.RC-Cam

Marlin RepRap with Toshiba FlashAir WiFi (Firmware Patch)

Please confirm if my summary of the problem is correct, per my previous post.

I just attached the Toshiba files. The Marlin ones are the untouched 1.1.0 RC5 ones

I seem to have been too vague with the file request. Specifically, here's what I was interested in reviewing:

configuration.h (untouched, before your edits)
Sd2Card.cpp (untouched, before your edits)

configuration.h (after your edits for the FlashAir)
Sd2Card.cpp (after your edits for the FlashAir)

You are right with your summary.

And the files from 1.1.0 RC5 are totaly untouched because there is so IF set in configuration.h

they set your mod in any case.

Just take a brief look in the new Sd2Card.ccp and you will agree.

Ok, but I don't want the full kitchen sink. If you have any interest in me doing a edit review then please take the time to post only the four (4) files I requested. I'm not trying to make things hard for you, but it is important that you make this review task as simple as possible for me (my free time is limited and short cuts are appreciated). There is no need to do this if you don't want another set of eyes looking at your work.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas; Sorry I did not solve your FlashAir problem.

As I have no "before" files since there is no relation from configuration.h to Sd2Card.cpp in my version of Marlin, I could only send you the Sd2Card.cpp I am using right now.

To make sure I'll send you my current configuration.h

Configuration.h

Sd2Card.cpp

The Sd2Card.cpp edits look Ok.

Your Configuration.h has some disabled optional defines that are related to the SD card, as follows:
  SPI_SPEED, SPI_HALF_SPEED, SPI_QUARTER_SPEED
  SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY

Try enabling combinations of them to see if it solves the problem. Some Examples:
1.  #define SPI_HALF_SPEED
   //#define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY

2. //#define SPI_HALF_SPEED
     #define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY

3. #define SPI_HALF_SPEED
    #define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY

If one of these variations does not help then disable them so the file is as before. Unfortunately I have no other ideas to offer.

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam
Fixed define

On 3/2/2016 at 2:51 AM, Marlark said:

I found this thread and decided to try this out. I modified Marlin 1.1.0.RC3. I have a 8gb W03. Configured the card in STA mode. Put it in a Ramps 1.4 board config with a full graphics smart controller. The card starts up and you can ping the card but the card dies as soon as you try to open the cards web server. Got any idea why that might happen?

@Marlark did you ever get this sorted? I've followed the above instructions and am trying to get it working with my ROBO3D printer. All worked ok, I mapped the card's address as a network drive but as soon as I access it, it will drop connection.  

Using a 32GB FlashAir W03.