Mr.RC-Cam

DiY Walkera Rodeo 150 Baro Sensor Installation

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

I tried to use yours numbers - I do not know exactly if I did, because in my CleanFlight cfg one column had totally different scale - I think it was column with digits after decimal point (I wanted to upload printscrean img but I have problem with connecting to CF). Your values give model which act like it has altitude hold function. Sometimes there are some small niticable jumps. How generally throttle stick supposed to act. Should I configure it before to be "neutral in the middle"? 

Problem with CF. When I connected my Rodeo 150 to computer I get a warning about non cleanflight firmware when starting CleanFlight. It is not recognizing my drone. I've attached image - previously I had exactly the same numbers of firmware version and other values like on yours printscreens.

cleanFlight.thumb.png.ecfe408b41ce195df86f8cd592c2210d.png

I've seen that there was an update of CleanFlight. It doesn't support Rodeo 150 anymore?

Thanks for the mic recipe.

Best regards

gc

Your values give model which act like it has altitude hold function. Sometimes there are some small niticable jumps.

You can tweak the ALT-Hold PIDs if you need better performance.

How generally throttle stick supposed to act. Should I configure it before to be "neutral in the middle"? 

I don't move the throttle after enabling Alt-Hold. However, it can be moved to increase/decrease height; But when Alt-Hold is disabled be prepared for a dramatic change in throttle speed (due to the throttle stick's altered position).

I've seen that there was an update of CleanFlight. It doesn't support Rodeo 150 anymore?

I don't know. It works in the version of CleanFlight I installed a few months ago.

In case of problem with CleanFlight here is recipe how to install older version (which we know it was working)

Please, can you describe PID parameters, because I don't have any idea what I am changing? Even some intuition could be useful. Here is screen from my PID (comparing with yours notice that there is different scale on Proportional and Integral)

cleanFlightPID.thumb.png.f202ddc1d0162e34fec1e89c38a735f1.png

Please, can you describe PID parameters, because I don't have any idea what I am changing? Even some intuition could be useful.

There's some information scattered on the web on tuning. Here's some basic info that I found with a quick google search:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?35784-Naze32-altitude-hold-simulate-Naza-Attitude&p=616964&viewfull=1#post616964

Do not expect miracles. Cleanflight's Alt-hold has lower performance than DJI NAZA. That is because Cleanflight was developed for racing; Its GPS and Alt-hold functions are not fully developed. So if you are expecting it to work as good as a DJI Phantom then you will be sorely disappointed.

It is important that you prevent sunlight *and* prop wash from affecting the Baro Sensor. It is very sensitive to both of those things. Mine is inside a opaque housing (blocks light) and is covered with soft breathable foam (reduces effect of prop wash).

Also, all your props must be in good condition (clean, no damage, straight). They may require balancing; Any prop vibrations will affect the Alt-Hold's performance.