I've just started my first Arial Video project. I just purchased the Black Widow Av 1000mw transmitter. Now I'm trying to connect Power, Audio, and Video to the tiny wires on the transmitter. It calls for 12v and draws 450 mah. What battery do I use and how do I connect the RCA cables (purchased separately) for audio and video? What I see from the transmitter is 4 very small wires and a small white male connector.

Help is appreciated :)

Should have come with an instruction manual from BWAV, if it didn't make sure to email bill strong at black widow so you can get a copy. He will see your posting sometime today and probably get back to you.

Yellow is video input into the video transmitter

Red is Power input into the video transmitter

I think the audio is white, good for amplified microphone. I don't have any audio on mine.

Black is ground for power, audio, and video. It is shared among them all.

I have the 600mW transmitter and I know the 1000mW takes more power to run it so I cannot offer direct information there. Bill will take care of that.

Matt Klarich

AUAV

Storm emailed me yesterday and we are discussing his options. Thanks for jumping in Matt!

Kind Regards,

Bill

Not a problem, I figured you would catch the post and take care of the guy. Call me sometime to discuss results of your flights.

Matt Klarich

I just wanted to see if there was a recommended battery to use and if there was a female I could get for the current male connector to the Tx. I have no problem soldering. So now I’m soldering on Futaba J connectors using (red/black) and then connecting a Futaba 9.6v battery. I’m also soldering 2 male RCA connectors to the Tx. I’ll let you know of my results.

Thanks,

Aaron

10 AA batteries in series will get you 12V. I would use Nickel metal hydride batteries they have longer run times then Ni Cd’s and they don’t have the fire danger of Lithium batteries. How ever if you have experience in using Lithium and have the equipment that would be the lightest weight option.

Another possibility would be to have 3 receiver packs in series with a 12V voltage regulator that way you could use a standard wall charger.

SGG

I've heard that 2,4GHz systems may interfere with security systems and remote coltrollers and it sounds scary. What do you think about disturbing other systems with our wireless transmitters in the 2,4GHz, 900MHz, 434MHz range?

I've heard that 2,4GHz systems may interfere with security systems and remote coltrollers and it sounds scary.

Actually, microwave ovens, and all the other RF space competing consumer 2.4Ghz gadgets, cause substantial interference issues with other devices that are using the 2.4Ghz frequencies. Especially in apartment settings or dense housing. That is the nature of the license-free RF bands.

What do you think about disturbing other systems with our wireless transmitters in the 2,4GHz, 900MHz, 434MHz range?

We are suppose to be operating our equipment under the ham rules. The interference to consumer electronics is minimized when we use the special amateur radio allocated frequencies.

And when ham operation does cause grief, hams often try to help mitigate the issue as a matter of respect (but that is really not their legal responsibility). I will assume that the unlicensed/illegal users, that cause interference grief, are probably not all that concerned by the disruptions they may cause. That may hurt our wireless video hobby in the long run if it gets out of hand.

Personally I think we have more to worry about with some of these fools that are bragging about their UAV's flying in commercial airspace. Why anyone needs or wants to fly a model plane at 15000 feet is beyond me anyway. There has been more than one letter about this in Model Aviation Magazine. Imagine if one of these fools were to bring down an airliner flying at altitude.

Edited by randall1959