Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry

RHCP HALF SPHERE HELIX 2.4GHZ

4 posts in this topic

Im interested in testing one of these half sphere aerials. Is there a DIY version about? Where did this design originate? Any info welcolm :)

Terry

FPVLR (a FPV shop) began selling it for our FPV application a couple years ago. The compact size is very nice.

But the cost to buy it would probably push a DiY'er into building a traditional helix because those are well documented. If you develop a DiY half sphere helix then please come back and share the build details.

Yes I much more familiar with the helix but even a short one is quite long. I was looking for cp patches originally but so many are out of stock then I saw the half sphere but the price put me off so wondered how hard they are to make. Are they as effective as they claim? Why are they so expensive, is there something in them that is not obvious just by looking?

Terry

Why are they so expensive, is there something in them that is not obvious just by looking?

I think you know the answer already. Inexpensive FPV products are produced in China where material and labor costs are a minimal. Custom developed products from other countries don't have such advantages.

I don't have any experience with it so I can't confirm the antenna works as well as a traditional "full size" Helix. But there should be some user feedback scattered on the web, so dig a bit deeper to see what the users are saying.