Sign in to follow this  
Hamed

1.2 ghz video sender components

Thread starter #1
hi
i am a student and i have a video sender that its frequency as the producer said, is 1.2ghz and its not working any more, i want to repair it but the ic part number is removed by producer, can you suggest me any part number for this sender? how can i find components datasheets

06.jpg

04.jpg

It appears to be a microcontroller because of the proximity of the 8MHz Xtal. 

There's nothing to be gained by determining the exact microcontroller part number. Because you'll need the proprietary firmware that is flashed into it.

Are you sure that it is microcontroller?

My confidence is high that it is a MCU. Due to the location of the 8MHz Xtal the chip's pin-out seems to be similar to a TK68HC05J1A or something like it. But identifying the exact part number would require you to do more research.

The nearby 8-Pin IC is likely to be a EEProm.

If it was a microcontroller there is no need for remove the ic mark

Most of the low-end Chinese microcontrollers have poor code protection that can be disabled. So it's not unusual for Chinese goods producers to obscure the MCU's part number. They think tricks like that will make it more difficult to copy the code, but it's mostly wishful thinking. So why do it? Labor costs are low in China, so taking the time to grind-off some part numbers is common practice by them regardless of any real benefit.

Normally the MCU would control the front panel LED/LCD readout and handle the user input controls. I don't know if your device has these things since the information you posted is sparse.

I don't see a typical RF synthesizer IC on your board. These are often 16 pin IC's (TSA5520 is popular) with a nearby 4MHz XTAL and EEProm. So perhaps your MCU is a custom device that includes the synthesizer function. Or maybe your board has an unusual 20 pin synthesizer IC (and it isn't a MCU as I thought).

I can only guess at these details since I don't have your hardware in my hands. It's really up to you to reverse engineer the circuitry and do further research.

• Thanks 1

Thank you again, in this board there is nothing to control it has only one led that is connected to 5v, i think the unsual 20 pin synthesizer is more likely to be, so now please tell me what would you do if you have these boards, let me know and i do them exactly

what would you do if you have these boards ...

I would do a careful visual inspection for broken/burnt components and soldered joint problems. Then I'd check all the voltage regulators for proper output voltage.  If these simple steps didn't help solve the problem then I wouldn't spend any more time on it. 

It seems it is important for you to repair it. Unfortunately success will be unlikely without an accurate schematic, RF test equipment, and access to the often difficult to procure Chinese semiconductors.

yes its important for me because i must use it in my collage project, i did what you said before nothing is burnt the output voltage and the current is ok, i think the problem is one these ic that i dont know what are the part number