Cyb

2.4Ghz wireless cam from ebay

Personally I would not buy it. They do not give the power output from the TX but I suspect it is low as they say it will work from a 9v batt. The specs on the RX are iffy and it looks the same as the naff units from China. You would be better off buying the bits separately from good suppliers.

Terry

Too expensive. The metal box of the cam is too heavy also. The transmitters have a pretty good quality in this type of things (look for the 4-channel receivers, those using a tuning button are crud), but of course the range is limited to around 500m. Using a 12dBi antenna we reached 1km with a model that we can get for $50. This is perfect for someone who wants to give a try without spending too much. We use the transmitters alone to do the video downlink for aerial photograpy systems, as the distance never exceeds 150m.

Too expensive. The metal box of the cam is too heavy also. The transmitters have a pretty good quality in this type of things (look for the 4-channel receivers, those using a tuning button are crud), but of course the range is limited to around 500m. Using a 12dBi antenna we reached 1km with a model that we can get for $50. This is perfect for someone who wants to give a try without spending too much. We use the transmitters alone to do the video downlink for aerial photograpy systems, as the distance never exceeds 150m.

Would you tell me exactly what type of tx, rx used to achieve 1km? what kind of 12dBi antenna was it? And was it 1km with a very stable picture? Thx in advance.