Sign in to follow this  
Dave Jones

Hurricane Charley.

Guys

We have taken the day off to brace for Hurricane Charley, it is predicted to hit the Tampa Bay area around 8:00 pm tonight. Why is that hurricanes all ways have to hit at night? I can only remember one that hit during the Day.

AUAV is located about 15 miles south from Tampa Bay.

For those of you that have never been in a hurricane it is an experience that you won't soon forget, this will be my 6th 0r 7th. I have lost count.

The weather service is predicting the winds to be around 110 to 115 MHP and a storm surge of 8 to 14 ft.

We took the precaution of putting all of our computers, electronics and UAVs up on the work benches to try and keep them out of the water if it should get that high.

My house is next to my shop so I will be checking on the shop from time to time and will post what is going on if I don't lose my inter net connection I have a generator on the UAV trailer so we will have electric power but could still lose the internet, I will try to post photos of what is going on as well.

Stay tuned and I will try to give you a blow by blow report from Florida on Hurricane Charley.

Dave Jones

AUAV.net

Guys

We have just received very good news for us but not so good news for Fort Myers area. It is now looking like HurricaneCharley has taken a slight turn to the East this turn will put it making land fall to the south of us by about 50 miles this is very good news for us but we still have to deal with high winds and a lot of rain with the possibility of tornados.

The best part of this is that we won't have to deal with the high storm surge that we had expected to have here.

Dave Jones

AUAV.net