ninja_zx11

Does oracle diversity compares every frame?

Hi all, 

I have a question about oracle diversity controller(with twin antenna input).Does it compares every frame between the 2 antenna inputs?Thanks.

The lowest sensitivity setting compares the video frames. The higher sensitivity settings will compare sub-frames (horizontal lines). The full technical details are proprietary, so hopefully this general info answers your question.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas for the info.

That's great.I am going to get Oracle as I am not happy with eagle eyes diversity controller.Some times it switches unnecessary to the second antenna even that antenna having no signal.Also the video switch is quite pronounced.Do you think Oracle works similar to immersion RC duo diversity Rx?

I will be using Oracle on two rmrc identical receivers on 1280 MHz  with yaggi on one and rubber ducky on second one.

I am going to get Oracle as I am not happy with eagle eyes diversity controller. Some times it switches unnecessary to the second antenna even that antenna having no signal.

Some 900MHz and 1280MHz systems experience video signals that go out of spec when antennas other than simple monopoles/dipoles are used. This can cause problems with video analysis and trigger odd switching behavior. That might be what you are experiencing with the Eagle Eyes. You can test for that problem with this DiY tool: https://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4126-diy-fpv-video-calibration-tool-low-cost/

Do you think Oracle works similar to immersion RC duo diversity Rx?

The duo uses signal strength for switching.  I've seen Oracle do a better job in harsh RF environments.

Hi Thomas.I am after RSSI meter for my 1.3ghz Receiver so that I can point my antenna in a better way.Do you have any lying around for sale? If not is there any DIY instructions to build one? Thanks.

Edited by ninja_zx11

If you only need something for aiming the antenna then a cheap multimeter will work fine.