jtprouty

Where can I get this connector?

Hi All,

I have a NAiS GPS antenna for my autopilot and need to shorten the wire lead on it. Unfortunately, I don't know where to get the connector that it has on it.

The connector is approximately 1/2" long & 1/4" in diameter (see attached pic) and is made for coax.

Anyone know where I can get another one?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

http://www.intellitechmicrosystems.com

post-6-1064068927_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mr. RC-CAM! That's the one! Now if I can figure out what to do with the other 3999 of them I'll be fine! ;) I'll search and find a vendor that has them in stock.

Happy flying,

Jimmy

As far as RF connectors go, SMB's are pretty common. If you don't see what you need at Digi-Key (they have other choices), then get it from Mouser (lots to choose from there). Your local ham radio supplier will have them too.

Weird, I have never ever heard of a smb being used for gps equipment. They use either a mcx or a mmcx connector which looks just like the smb connectors out there. Most of the SMB's were used for board to board work with the SMC connector being used for a chassis to antenna or chassis to chassis run. As it is a SMB with threads so once poped on it can be locked down with a turn on the connector. Now the MCX and the MMCX are what the industry picked for use in pcmcia cards for the anttenna connectors and on the even smaller ones they used MMCX.

Vaughn