Sign in to follow this  
MikeDD

Circuit Cellar Article

The October 04 issue has a PIC(16873) based digital r/c system. Uses same board for tx or rx and a SIP socket for RF modules. Code at FTP site.

I would be interested to see that Mike, is there any way of getting that in the UK ? A web site link maybe ?

Thanks, Terry

I finally got a copy of the magazine article. Oddly, my paid subscription copy has yet to arrive. The copy I got came in a media kit sent to the office.

The article was not what I was hoping for. The RF link was not discussed, but from the photo I can tell he is using one of those 900Mhz commercial low power RF-amp-in-the-whip solutions. The presented design was somewhat bare bones and perhaps a bit over kill (dedicated PIC board for each function). Things like stick mixing are not addressed. He mentioned that it is rare to need more than 4-channels, so that was his target. However, the modular design allows stringing more servo boards to the encoder and decoder.

Basically, it was just one of the projects that Jeff (a staff writer) did to present in his monthly CCI column. He always writes about fun stuff, but many of is quickly designed projects are not developed far enough to be considered fully complete. Maybe he will come back to this project and go further with it.