i am looking for a high megapixel digital camera with video out for the transmitter to view find my shots.

i wish it not to have the lens project out when it is turned on.

any ideas???????

SkycCam Electron

amazing no one has any opinions

the nikon 3700 has the best video resolution 64x480 30fps

3.2 meg pix with video out ! for the tx

ccmon guys anybody know of another ????

thanks for all the input i feel like i am being cold sholdered or something. :unsure:

There is not much to choose from in the low weight class that will meet your noted requirements. Have you looked at the Pentax Optio S4? It is 4MP and has A/V out. Also, check out the Canon SD-20.

The 3700 has durability issues but is very popular with model A/P. If you get it, then consider buying the replacement warranty too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3850732810&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3852026815&rd=1

I just got an aiptek DVII that is 2 Megapixel.

The 4500 is four megapixel. Not bad considering the price and they all have video out.

Here's a photo of my DVII Aiptek. It's 1.2 MP but for a few dollars more you can get the 4500 version with much higher resolution. 1.2 will do for what I'm going to use mine for though. I'm not sure what it weighs but it's not very much. I'll try to get to the post office today and weigh it for ya.

post-5-1100795471_thumb.jpg

The digital video cameras aren't particularly good at capturing still shots. He would be better served by a still digital camera that also happened to have video out.

I own the older Pentax Optio S (3.2 megapixel) and it does a great job.

http://www.yb2normal.com/soarstarapresults.html

Bill

I would suggest www.stevesdigicams.com

Here you can review many different cameras, sorted by resolution.

One of the most comprehensive sites for digital camera info.

www.dpreview.com is also very good.

Tom

My camera does both video and stills yb2. It also has three different settings for resolution and photo quality.

I look forward to seeing your resulting pictures. The Aiptek cameras are a good value for what you pay.

Regards,

Bill

A lot of these cameras will stay on if they 'see' power on the usb connector. This is a little trick made popular by the cam-man camera switch.

It might be worth a shot...

Regards,

Bill

There are quite a few good low weight cameras with video out if you search the net. I use a Sony DSC-P2 (older 2MP) with the video transmitter to line up aerial shots, but I tend to dislike flying back to the field for landing to see if the picture blurred or lined up, so I setup a terminal node controller to download the pics over the audio channel before landing. I do like the Pentax Optio's ISO settings which gives sharp motion shots, but every camera has its strengths and weaknesses to consider.

Edited by robojet

Wow!

Are you digitalizing the video output, or do you use an onboard usb host??

I would also like to know how long each picture takes to download ?

Terry

lools like i can talk my self into a nikon 3700

it records untill the capacity of the card.

the aptek needs rave reviews to convince me

I have purchased a 4 megpix cheep-o

all i got was 4 megapixel of out of focus craaap!

can anyone sing prases about the aptek?

Thanks for all ya youalls input!

electron

Although I haven't had time to do any aerial work yet, the photos I've taken with my DVII were impressive on the ground.

post-5-1101080996_thumb.jpg

I have used the Minolta F100 4mp and the updated F300 5mp cameras. They are discontinued but currently available on ebay from Rits Camera.

Just ordered a spare F300, got it for the 249.99 US minimum bid price. It arrived new in box with the following extras not mentioned, AC Charger with 4 AA Nimh batteries and a small camera bag.

The video out is live, it takes great pictures and the power down can be set for 10 Minutes, just trigger the shutter to bring the camera back to life.

Mark

ebay F-300 from RitzCamera

Edited by mwp

Kilrah and Terry,

I haven't tried downloading pics wireless with a usb host, but I use a camera with a serial port and it takes 10 seconds to 3 minutes to download a pic depending on the resolution through the audio channel. I am looking into upgrading to a direct synthesizer and modulating the video channel for faster pics. I will send you a picture of it if you are interested.

I ordered one of the Aiptek pencams with the blip chip so it doesn't come with video out. My fix for that will be to mount a sugar cube camera to the front of the digital and use that for a view finder. It's light and it's a lot cheaper than having to buy the more expensive camera. My video transmitter is there to use anyway.

robojet, if it takes 10 seconds thats fine but 3 minutes and I would rather take another dozen shots in that time. Let us know how the broadband version goes, thanks.

randall, I do the same as you with my old Mustec camera, the live video was too jerky and it would cut out for 2 seconds while taking a picture, so the sugar cube gets my vote.

Terry

There is not much to choose from in the low weight class that will meet your noted requirements. Have you looked at the Pentax Optio S4? It is 4MP and has A/V out. Also, check out the Canon SD-20.

The 3700 has durability issues but is very popular with model A/P. If you get it, then consider buying the replacement warranty too.

Do you know if the Optio has the auto-off feature? And if it does, can you bypass it by powering up the USB port?

The Mustek DV 4000 has audio and video out and shoots some pretty nice photos. It also has a way in the menu to keep it on.